cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demographics Analytics doesn't display in detail panel while using live option on Nakisa OrgChart 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem on Demographic analytic tab when I selected Live option. I can see the analytic view but cannot see it in detail panel even I can see the tab. But If I use Stage option instead,  this tab will display data as normal.I have not set any analytic view as restrict object in security setting and Role_Executive was set as default role. FYI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tested but create a new build with minimal configuration as your advice, but that suffer the same issue. So I have checked transport package version by following the link instruction that you suggested

Our SAP_HR component is ECC6 EhP4, but transport package version is 900548 which is for ECC6 EhP5. I'm not sure is that is suitable or not?

Moreover, I also checks the list of Evaluation paths as following capture screen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the out of the box configuration is also suffering from the same issue you can deduce that it is an issue at the product level - so bug or installation issue.

The "TransportPackage_VSN40_ECC6_Install.pdf" document from the installation guides authored by Nakisa certainly draws a distinction between "ECC6 EhP4 systems with SAP_BASIS 701" and "ECC6 EhP5-6 systems with SAP_BASIS 702".  Id recommend you take a look at it for the details.

I guess this discrepancy could be the source of the issue.  Unfortunately I just don't know enough about the transport packages and Nakisa requirements to answer definitively on that point.

Nakisa used to publish a list of modules, evaluation paths, etc. in the installation guides back in the 3.0 releases.  With 4.0 they stopped doing that so I'm not sure how you would verify your list of evaluation paths now.

This just reminded me that another thing Nakisa used to publish that was rather handy was release notes.  They were actually doing that for the 4.0 versions and it just so happens that I collated them at the time.

You have the 154 release so I took a look at the release notes for the next release and found this entry:

• I-04712: An issue where the Demographics tab in the org unit Details panel was not being secured correctly for manager roles has been fixed.

I'm wondering if "not being secured correctly" equates to "users can't see any demographics data".

If that is the case it would also explain why you can see the analytics in the views but not the tabs - as I said earlier that seemed rather odd.

I think at this point you should raise an OSS, reference this discussion thread and enquire as to whether I-04712 matches your symptoms.  If so then the course of action would be to upgrade to a later version of OrgChart 4.0 (there were quite a few release after the one you have so I'd go for the most recent).  I would also suggest querying the transport package situation on the same OSS.  It may be that it is fine as is, but best to check as you may even be seeing the result of multiple issues combined.

If you do raise an OSS, please update this thread with the progress and results.

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lalit.

A few questions to see if anything jumps out...

1. What product build are you using?
    1. For Info: The last version I see in our local stash of old 4.0 product SCAs is OrgChart0901053000SCA.sca.  For 4.0 SP1 it's OrgChart0910060300SCA.sca.
    2. Is this an existing implementation or a new implementation?
    3. If new, is there a particular reason you are not using 4.3 SP2?
  2. Is there any sort of error appearing in the cds.log when you switch to the Demographics Tab?
  3. Does the issue also affect Role_HR?
  4. Does the issue persist if you use a live out of the box configuration?
  5. Have you tried running an RFC trace (see admin guide) when selecting the Demographics Tab?

With a bit of luck something above will flag up an entry point for investigating your issue further.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. Please refer my answer below.

1. What product build are you using?
    1. For Info: The last version I see in our local stash of old 4.0 product SCAs is OrgChart0901053000SCA.sca.  For 4.0 SP1 it's OrgChart0910060300SCA.sca.
      ANS: 4.0 OrgChart 0901015400

1. Is this an existing implementation or a new implementation?
      ANS: This is an existing implementation. First time when I was Implemented the analytics all were setting as Stage. But currently customer ask to change into Live.
    2. If new, is there a particular reason you are not using 4.3 SP2?
      ANS: I think customer doesn’t have a plan to upgrade now.
  1. Is there any sort of error appearing in the cds.log when you switch to the Demographics Tab?
    ANS: Please see following errors

175306. 23 May 2016 18:13:43 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:viewmoredetails [ID, 20002602, DemographicsOrgUnitDetails, null, null]. For processor DetailAppProcessor. Against controller Detail
    175307. 23 May 2016 18:13:43 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: /NAKISA/RFC_CHART took: 107ms
    175308. 23 May 2016 18:13:43 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - [NakisaHRConnector.NakisaRfcChart]: Error retrieving data - : I:/NAKISA/RFC_CHART:000 HRWPC_STRUC_GET_MULTIPLE_ROOTS(PATH_NOT_FOUND)
    175309. 23 May 2016 18:13:43 ERROR com.nakisa.Logger - BAPI_SAP_OTFProcessor_Chart : while trying to invoke the method com.nakisa.framework.data.DataTable.cloneShallow() of an object loaded from local variable 'p_dt_keyStructure'
    175310. 23 May 2016 18:13:43 WARN com.nakisa.Logger - Detail - DemographicsOrgUnitDetails : FetchData : Could not fetch data for details.
    175311. 23 May 2016 18:13:43 WARN com.nakisa.Logger - Details - ID : Render : Failed because no data is available.
  2. Does the issue also affect Role_HR?
    ANS: Yes it does
  3. Does the issue persist if you use a live out of the box configuration?
    ANS: We have only 2 kinds of build SAP_Live_RFC and SAP_Staged and now we use SAP_Live_RFC
  4. Have you tried running an RFC trace (see admin guide) when selecting the Demographics Tab?
    ANS: Yes, I'm trying but currently I cannot access to RFC trace menu. It didn't display anything after I clicked on that menu. Once I can access, I will send the result to you again.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

cds.log

Curious.  The error in the cds.log suggests that you have an evaluation path missing; though I would have expected the views to have utilised the same as the analytics.  You should check to ensure that the transport package was applied to the ECC system.

You might be able to see it in the system information page (Application-wide Settings > System Information) ... but I can't recall if the transport details were included back in 4.0 (they're certainly there in 4.3).  Failing that, this might help.

The staged configuration will pull out the base tables and then manually build the data structures it needs.  The live version will use evaluation paths to get the data.

Out of the Box Build

Yes, there are live and staged types of base configuration, but if you do a minimal configuration (known as "out of the box") live build does that suffer the same issue?  If so then that proves it is more fundamental than it being an issue with how your primary build has been configured.

Regards,

Stephen.