cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety stocks setting in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've set safety stocks of 5 days and monthly lot size in R/3. But SNP still doesn't prompt proposed production quantity at the right safety stock level.

For example: SNP doesn't proposed to produce even the inventory level already reach negative. Should I set the safety stocks in QTY instead of Days in master data?

Regards,

Christine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine

Please check if following 2 fields are maintained correctly in Master data /SAPAPO/MAT1 - Product.

Safety stock planning happen is based on these fields.

You can also read more information in detail at the following link.

Safety Stock Planning (SAP Library - mySAP SCM: Business Process Descriptions)

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your quick response.

I've done the setting for above 2 fields but still doesn't see the impact on SNP Planning book.

Or should I wait till tomorrow as SNP might need to carry out night jobs?

Regards,

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine

You require to execute the SNP heuristic to see the impact of safety stock.

In mean time, can you able to see safety day´s of supply in SNP planning book?

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I've run heuristic, but results still the same as below. I would expect to see proposed qty when day's supply drop to 5 days but seems like it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the screen shot.

You can check the results tomorrow morning, if things still does not work out you can also check Target day´s of supply field on same screen shot which you have sent earlier.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Sadly to know it still doesn't work. I have added Target day's supply and Target stock level method as below. Anything that I miss out?

Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I hope with Target day´s supply should work. Is it possible for you to execute the SNP Heuristic for respective article manually to check the results now.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chritine,

Not sure whether your issue is still active or not but still providing my thought on this...!!!

I can see from your screen shot your safety stock method is SB (Safety stock from product master) but you have not maintained any quantity in safety stock field in Lot size tab.

So, if your Safety Stock method is SB (If i am not wrong you are treating safety stock as supply element) then you have to maintain how much stock you want to safe guard your demand which is missing in this case.

Thats why the heuristic is not finding any stock number from your product master. Please put some quantity then run heuristic and check.

Please provide the result.

Thank you.

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Since you are maintaining the safety days of supply in product master, you need to maintain the safety stock method as SZ or SM.

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thanks for your inputs, it works for me. Now the system triggered me when Day's Supply reached below 5 days. But, at the same time, the safety stocks also appear as shown below. Is this safety stocks included in the system proposed qty? How does the system calculate the safety stocks qty (the Safety Stocks qty and Target Stocks Level is same)

Thanks,

Christine

Answers (0)