cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval For Employee Master Data Creation - Automatic Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement to configure / develop an approval - checker process for Employee creation in Personnel Administration.

I have checked and found that for any Change in employee master data a standard Workflow is there but not able to find any standard workflow for First time creation i.e. on executing Hiring / Rehiring action the employee either should get automatically inactive and post approval from HR manager only the Employee should get automatically active in system.

However i have tried doing it by Locking / Unlocking Info types but no fruitful result. Please guide me how to go about it.

Regards,

Garima

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198473
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Garima,

There was a similar issue I remember reading and could locate the same. Link below

https://scn.sap.com/thread/116220. It might come in handy .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shine,

Thanks for sharing the link. But we want to lock the IT0001 / 0002 on hiring(automatically). I understand from PA30 it doesn't even allow to lock(manually).

Let me know if it is feasible to do using some UserExit.

Regards,

Garima

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garima,

are you doing this action from ECC side then create the screen where in this process we can restrict the user to not to update

regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Yes it's ECC.

Requirement: User executes the Hiring Action and employee gets locked for HR manager's approval. Once the manager approves it Employee gets Active in system.

So, we thought of doing it by locking the IT0002 automatically then on approval getting it automatically unlocked.

However we are not able to lock the IT0002. Even i have tried doing it manually from PA30 , system doesn't allow.

Please guide me accordingly.

Regards,

garima

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garima,

you mean to say,  when Hr-User Executes the action (PA40)  for hiring the new employees once the all the infotypes are been updated, system should send the mail or workflow process  to corresponding Reporting officer for the approvals. once approved by the reporting manager system will updates the record,

1) till now system will be locked status?

2) how much time (duration) we need to keep like this

3) what about the Personal no -- if the other hire one more person for different  dept it will also be in locked status?

for locking the record  please refer the below thread, ask the technical person to read this.

join all 5 HR (pa0000,pa0001,pa0002,pa0007,pa03... | SCN

FM for this are

a) HR_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEE

b) HR_EMPLOYEE_OPERATION

c) HR_EMPLOYEE_DEQUEUE

regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Yes, you understood it write. Here the Workflow is to be designed for HR team only not department wise. Means, when HR administrator executes the action the system should send a mail to HR manager for his approval. post which system updates the employee records. Time duration for it will be of two days, and in case not approved within the stipulated time frame a reminder mail to be send to the manager.

Now coming to FMs: We have used all the three in our programme. Through programme we tried locking the IT0001(I understand due to TC as 1 we cannot lock it) and IT0002(but we are not able to lock IT0002 manually also from PA30; due which i believe we are not able to do it automatically through the programme.)

a) HR_EMPLOYEE_ENQUEE

b) HR_EMPLOYEE_OPERATION

c) HR_EMPLOYEE_DEQUEUE

The only issue we are facing is that we are not able to lock the record. Please guide us for automatically recording the employee record / personnel number.

PS: Here we are not using Payroll.

Regards,

Garima

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Garima,

please check the this thread, my assumption is we need to change setting dynamically for TC

https://scn.sap.com/thread/696675            

regards

Ravindra