cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM EHP3 Upgrade Issues:BSP Dumps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have recently upgraded our sandbox CRM environment from CRM 7.0 to CRM EhP3.

Refer snapshots below.

However after the upgrade some basic functionalities seems to be broken.

1)Font styles are destroyed, Custom skins do not work causing repetitive dumps

2)There are many BSP errors(when trying access emails, create service requests)

Original system

Upgraded system

When accessing emails.

When creating HR requests.

Click on HR requests, shows BSP error.

Any suggestions ?

I did read a lot blogs about upgrade issue for CRM EhP3, where it is mentioned that there may be a lot of dumps for BSP after the upgrade.

But the steps suggested were not useful.

Requesting help urgently.

Regards,

Abhishek Kokate

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisek,

usually the reason for dumps after an EhP upgrade in CRM is that component enhancement need to be adjusted. Please have a look at the following document where I list the steps necessary after an EhP3 upgrade:

Best,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response .

I have checked the SAP Notes mentioned in the blog but they are not relevant for  the SP version we are on the upgraded system.(Note Status = Cannot be implemented)

However I did check the t-code WCF_CC and compared the logs with our  another system that is working fine but at a lower level of EHP pack (not upgraded).

The differences seems to be quite significant.
Many errors

The second dump that my screenshot above when accessing service request "An Attribute with Name IMMEDCONTINFOVN" is not defined can be clearly seen in error(very first one)

Refer below screenshot.

Do you perhaps know what should be done to correct these errors.

Please bear with me as I am relatively new to CRM , so may be a bit more descriptive answer would help.

Await feedback.

Regards

Abhishek Kokate

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

while the list of errors seems to be large the problem actually is not that big. What you need to do is click on the little pencil icon and add the missing attribute to the HTM-page in the tab "page attributes" (see screenshot as an example). Simply copy over the missing values from the standard views.

Furthermore, you should also check if the BSP code of the page changed compared to the standard component. If yes, you should also copy over the changed BSP code.

In think you should be able to fix this errors within one or two hours. Unfortunately, I can't you provide with more detailed screenshots as I don't have a system where I could reproduce the situation available.

Best,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

I managed to partially solve my issue.:).

There is one dump still when i am trying to access the Email functionality in my CRM box.

The dump says:

The following error text was processed in the system:

<thtmlb:areaFrameBody>: Missing <thtmlb:areaFrame> tag as parent of <htmlb:areaFrameBody>

I have referred the below link which discusses the exact issue.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/3572700

In the forum it is mentioned to delete and re-do the entire enhancement set again.

Not sure if i know how to again re-impliment the same.

I don't want to delete something which i am not sure how to "re-do" or re-impliment.

I further debugged the issue and the problem is in the component CRMCMP_CCS_EML / ZCRM.

The HTM page is Mailbody.htm.

I have already copied the standard BSP code into the custom enhacement.

(the tag is "areaframe" is already existing the code which is enhanced)

Do you perhaps know any quick steps/direction any information that might solve this issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Kokate

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

you definitely should *not* delete the enhancement set.

There error you are now seeing is most likely due to an error in the HTM file. Just do be sure. You should replace the whole content of the custom HTM file with the code of the standard HTM file. After that, you might need to recreate custom changes performed to the HTM file.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian/Pratheek,

Ok .

I copied the code of the standard HTML into the custom one.

I can now see the email screen correctly.

But the enhancements which were done before are not visible.

How can i get the enhancements now in my email screen.

Is there a structured way to do the same.

Can the report BSP_WD_RT_REP_COMPARE help in someway.

Regards

Abhishek Kokate

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The fix is as suggested by Christian, The enhanced UI component will have these issues during upgrade.

You have to check the HTM page of the standard component which you have enhanced. You will find a new attribute in Page Attributes tab. Copy it into the HTM page of the enhanced component.

This will solve the issue.

Thanks,

Pratheek