cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have created a new ODBC connection 64 bit and 32bit using SQL server 2014. On the new connection, the report is running fine on the rich client, but it gives database error on BI Launchpad, how can i diagnose this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have created a new ODBC connection 64 bit and 32bit using SQL server 2014. On the new connection, the report is running fine on the rich client, but it gives database error on BI Launchpad, how can i diagnose this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming this is Webi or Crystal for Enterprise (not "classic" Crystal), the rich client will use the 32-bit connection and BI Launchpad will use the 64-bit one.  So, it looks like the 32-bit ODBC connection is correct but you're missing the 64-bit connection.  Do they both have exactly the same name?  Is it possible that you have a typo in the name of the 64-bit connection?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using sap businessobjects bi platform 4.1 SP4 Patch 8 update. and using Webi Rich Client and Thin Client.

I have checked with the Microsoft website,

• The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.
  • The 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32 folder.

I have checked both the connections, it is not working for me. one thing more, i add the connection in "USER DSN"

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On the server, you need to create a system DSN, not on USER DSN

Former Member
0 Kudos

-so should i create a connection in the server in System DSN?

-and on my computer, create a connection with User DSN?

-should both the connections must have the same name or they can be different?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Connection name should be same. Issue you are seeing is from server, since you are trying to execute from Launchpad.

On server- System DSN.

On Client machine- System/USER should be fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, i appreciate your help.

Answers (0)