cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Structure in HANA Calculation Views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a huge calculation view with 50+ attributes and 300+ measures. I have a requirement to categorize/group the attributes and measures in the Semantics of the Calculation View in to folders, so the report users can go to their relevant folders instead of gong through the pain of choosing from a big list.

I understand a BOBJ Universe can be used for this, but I want to avoid the universe layer. Is there anyway to achieve this or something similar in HANA ?

Regards,

Ajay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SarhanP
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

It is possible both for calculation and analitic view measures. From the HANA Modeling guide, it says:

For more : http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Modeling_Guide_for_SAP_HANA_Studio_en.pdf

Also I have did for you in my HANA system:

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Did you use the display folders in Webi only?

It seems they don't work with Analysis for Office or Lumira yet. At least in my case, I am using HANA SPS 11, AO 2.3 and Lumira 1.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarhan,

I was able to group the Measures using the Display Folders in the Semantics, but those folders are not visible in the WebI. When I access the view from WebI, I see a single list of all the Measures. Do you know if there any limitations on the Display Folders?

SarhanP
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

I am not sure the reason why, but after changes, you need to validate, activate and redeploy.

Hope helps,

Sarhan.