cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS services missing for a single employee

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope this is the appropriate place to post my question.

I have one employee who is missing a couple of services in ESS, Benefits Enrollment and W-4 Tax Withholding.  This employee has the same exact authorizations and roles of the other employees in his category.

We are using WDA services HRESS_A_Benefits_Enrollment and hress_A_W4

I am leaning towards this being a data issue (ECC) and not a portal issue (ESS) for the following reasons:

• If I hook up the subject user infotype 105 to another employee and sign into ESS with the subject user credentials, the other employee data is returned and the Benefits Enrollment and W-4 services are NOT missing.
  • If I change the subject user infotype 105 to another user ID and use the other user credentials to sign into ESS, the data returned is from the subject user employee record and Benefits Enrollment and W-4 services ARE missing.

I have not had this issue with any other employee and it is the same in the production as well as non-production portals.

The subject user has an active offer in infotype 378 and a valid infotype 171, as well as a valid infotype 210 for federal withholding.  I've studied and compared the subject user employee data numerous times, but I am obviously missing something.

I've seen some great solutions on SCN and am hoping somebody will provide me one.  Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mention Benefits and W-4 which are US specific in most cases. Soooo are you sure their MOLGA and user settings are for US? That would the first thing I would check. If they are not, it makes all sense that they would be hidden to that employee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for chiming in Christopher.

Yes our entire organization is US based.  Can you please elaborate on which settings you are suggesting I check?  I've just gone through the Parameters and Personalization tabs in SU01 for this user and find nothing out of the ordinary.

KK07
Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether this user is belongs to Molga 10(US), it is generally based upon IT0001 WERKS/BTRTL combination of employee. check also if any Roles are missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirmed IT0001, the user has the same PA/PSA as other users in his Org Unit, and the same roles as all of the other ESS only users.  The other users that I have tested have no missing services.

KK07
Contributor
0 Kudos

Put a session Break-point for the same user in Badi HRESS_MENU implementation HRESS_COUNTRY_FILTER methods IF_EX_HRESS_MENU~MODIFY_APPLICATION_ATTRIBUTES to see what is happening. For Benefits see also implementation HRESS_BENEFITS_AREA_PAGE same method