cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain master data on decision table in different environments?

former_member251125
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am working in a project where we  intends to became use BRFplus in order to implement some rules in the system.

I  have a sample  rule which makes use from material number on the logic, it is a master data, witch means it is different between  environments. The material number in on a decision table.

I used storage type “master data” on the application, I did an export on the source and an import on the target system. On the target system, I input some new lines with new material numbers.

As it was necessary to make a change on a rule I did another export/import. The result was that all lines on the decision table were overwritten on the target system.

The question is:

How can I maintain different data to this decision table in different environments? Is it possible doing these and prevent the data from the decision table when a new transport or import occurs?

Thanks a lot and Regards,

Marta de Lorenzi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anindyaSAP
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing transport you cannot separate the decision table's structure and data. Hence, you should take data backup to Excel in the target system. After importing the changes you need to load data from the Excel again to the decision table.

Please note that if you make a structural change in the decision table, that needs to be applied in the Excel also. Otherwise import will fail.

BR,

Anindya

former_member251125
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Ok  Anindya,

Thanks a lot for your response!

Best Regards,

Marta

Answers (0)