cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG Upgrade and Data Model Activation

Binoy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello , We are upgrading our co deployed MDG from 6.1 version to 8.0 version . We are running though configuration guide and activated the services and Business functions as mentioned in SAP config document . After Business functions are activated , we still see the data model as the "Same" .

We have tried activating the same many times but everytime we get successful message by the datamodel is same as in 6.1 version . We have adjusted the data mode etc . Any suggestions ?

Binoy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190949
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Binoy,

Which Data model are you using?

In Material Master there are many new entities.

MKALBASIC,  QMATBASIC , MDMABASIC etc are only in MDG 8.0.. Can you see these entities in your Data model after activation?

Please ensure that all Business Functions  relevant to MDG 8.0 are activated.

Thanks.

Kavita

Binoy
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Kavita , I am trying to Activate MM data model . After activating the Business functions as per config document from SAP , we still find the DM to be same .

former_member190949
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Binoy,

Have you activated all the below->

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions ( MDG_FOUNDATION )

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 2 ( MDG_FOUNDATION_2 )

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 3 ( MDG_FOUNDATION_3 )

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 7.0 ( MDG_FOUNDATION_4 )

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 7.0 Feature Pack ( MDG_FOUNDATION_5 )

Master Data Governance, Generic Functions 8.0 ( MDG_FOUNDATION_6 )

Master Data Governance for Material ( MDG_MATERIAL )

Master Data Governance for Material 2 ( MDG_MATERIAL_2 )

Master Data Governance for Material 3 ( MDG_MATERIAL_3 )

Master Data Governance for Material 7.0 ( MDG_MATERIAL_4 )

Master Data Governance for Material 7.0 Feature Pack ( MDG_MATERIAL_5 )

Master Data Governance for Material 8.0 ( MDG_MATERIAL_6 )

regards,

Kavita

Binoy
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Kavita, as motioned I did this already refering config document.

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Binoy

Please check if there is any active version of the data model? If you find more than 1 then delete all the active version and re-generate it again.

Kiran

Binoy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran , attached is my USMD0016 table output screen shot . if I am correct , I have only 1 Active version of MM now .

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Binoy

Yes...only one DM is active. Try to delete it and reactive. If not then check with basis team whether they have activated all the functions properly...

Kiran

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

When you say 'SAME' does it mean the Active Version status in MDGIMG -> Data Model or is it compassion between 6.1 & 8.0.

Whenever you activate the Bus. Fun. or DM and if its successful then the Active status will always be shown as 'SAME'.

As Kavita said, check if those new entities are there or not, if not then you can reactivate the Business Functions. If those New entities are not there then its to do with Business Function activation only, check there logs. If New Entities are there then ignore the status, that is rightly set.

Thanks,

Cherry.

Binoy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Cherry , Kiran & Kavita .

With upgrade to 8.0 version ,what we are discovering is that the DM does not show specific attribute fields like for MATERIAL - ABCIN Attribute within MARCSTORE . This confused me .

However when I look at table level in ISMD DATA MODEL , I do see the ABCIN . Is thi same with you guys if you are on 8.0 version of MDG ?

Binoy

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

As ABCIN is part of ECC MARC tables - In MDG its rightly under MARCSTORE and the same in the environment I am working on.

But I am not sure what is ISMD Data Model.

Thanks,

Cherry.

Binoy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Cherry . By tables, I meant the Se38 report USMD_DATA_MODEL which highlights the ABCIN field in one of the transparent fields . Also , I see the field appearing on the Material change NWBC UI now which mean its active but still confused why my Data Model tree under General Settings - Data Model . Attached Screen shot .

Should I try activating the Business functions again ?

Binoy

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Binoy,

Ok, your statements confused me a bit, but I think I got your concern now....

Firstly the field is not an direct attribute in MARCSTORE.

Its of SU03 and is available in MARCSTORE via Referencing relationship.

Just check the Visualize Data model option in Data Modelling there you should find the field in to MARCSTORE(SU04) via Referencing Relationship.

I hope this clarifies all , or still any concerns.

Thanks,

Cherry.

Binoy
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Cherry . This is indeed helpful .