cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FI_GL_14 Enhancement - adding new selection field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

We have implemented 0FI_GL_14 for extracting New-GL data and have been using it for last 6 years.

Now we want to re-extract the data for some business reason. When we extract the data based on just Company Code, Fiscal Year, Posting Period and Ledger, it fails to extract data simply because this selection criteria doesn't use any Table Indexes available on table FAGLFLEXA.

We decided following 2 options:

1. Create required Secondary Index ( your comments please)

2. Extract data based on GL Accounts since secondary index based on this selection field is already available.

Option 1: avoiding this option since it will take up sizeable space in ECC system. Also might have adverse effect on day-to-day transactions involving FAGLFLEXA. already it has crossed 1TB size.

Option 2: Since GL Accounts (HKONT) field is not available for selection, we might need to enhance the datasource for this purpose. Please tell me whether this enhancement affect our ongoing Delta Queue. Also SAP doesn't support such enhancement, whether this is good option.

Please suggest other option which we have missed.

Thanks,

Deepak Salokhe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by fail to extract?? Please post the error message.

Option1 : you can create it for 2 week and once the load is done(full for BW). You can delete the index.

Option 2 solution

It should not impact Delta queue. This change might overwrite in any upgrade in ECC(not sure).

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

When I extract historical data from 0FI_GL_14, it takes long time (more than 10 days) for one FY.

I checked the link given. It is about activating hidden field. As per my understanding, to activate hidden field, you can simply enhance the datasource and un-hide the field from RSA6.

I don't want to un-hide any field in datasource. I want to add available field into selection criteria. My worry is this might interfere with the Delta since selection fields are changing.

Regards,

Deepak Salokhe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. You can use this code to get it done.

ABAP code.

Tables: ROOSFIELD.

PARAMETERS : DataS type ROOSOURCER OBLIGATORY.

PARAMETERS : zfield type FIELDNAME OBLIGATORY.

SELECT SINGLE * FROM ROOSFIELD WHERE OLTPSOURCE = DataS AND

OBJVERS = 'A' AND FIELD = zfield.

IF SY-SUBRC = 0.

ROOSFIELD-SELECTION ='P'.

MODIFY ROOSFIELD.

Else.

write:/'Datasource or field is not present'.

ENDIF.

When you update "selection" from ROOFIELD table with either 'P' or 'X', then it will be available for selection in datasource.

Enter datasource and field name in program... and then check ROOSFIELD table.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

No updates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for delay...

I think I was not able to explain my issue correctly.

I am aware of how to enable datasource field for selection. We can anytime go ahead and make the field as selection enabled. What I wanted to know is how will this activity affect the Delta queue of this datasource. Will the delta queue remain intact or delta queue will be invalidated due to introduction of new selection field.

Regards,

Deepak Salokhe