cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XS Advanced Builder not available

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have recently installed HANA SPS12 as well as reinstalled the XS Advanced components.  I am trying to go through the TinyWorld example, and when I try to build the first CDS, I receive the following message:

I ran the XSA client tool to see if the app is running, and I don't see the di-builder or hdi-builder:

Is there a way to deploy the builder app separately?

Thanks,

Todd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Todd, did you see this thread:

I had the same issue, but couldn't find the right reason. Maybe inside of this thread there are some points which could be interesting for you...

Hoped that this issue would be fixed with SPS12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the response.  I think my issue is different.  When I do the "xs apps" command, the builder does not even appear in my list.  I didn't know if they changed this in SPS 12 so that it runs in a different process, or if I should see the builder as a separate app.

Thanks,

Todd

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

We did change it in SPS 12.  The builder isn't installed at installation/upgrade time. It is installed upon project creation in the development specific space. So you probably shouldn't see it in the SAP space at all and only in the your development space after the first project creation.  The builder installation can take a few minutes so the first build might produce an error if you are too fast.  You might just try again.  If it still doesn't work, try performing an xs restart on di-core and then recreating the project in the Web IDE.

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

Webide used to work only in SAP space, does sps12 webide works on any development space? I installed sps12 and getting the same error as reported in this thread.

I am building app in sap space. In webide there is no provision to switch to space and develop? I guess webide considers the space.thats assigned to logged in user.

Any insights would help

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The development space is configured during upgrade/installation in the sap-xsac-di*.mtaext file.  There should be a resources section with a property named di-dev-space where you can configure which space to use as the development space.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Thanks for the response.  I did check and I did not have a DEV space created.  I created the new space.  I change to the SAP space and restared the di-core with "xs rs di-core".  When I go back into my project, it still gives me the same error message.

So, just to clarify - when I change my target space to DEV and do the command "xs apps", I do not see any apps there.  Is that correct?

Thanks,

Todd

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

What space did you specify during the installation of the Web IDE in the mtaext file? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the file that was provided with SAP Note and didn't modify the mtaext file - so it was set to DEV during the installation.  However, it doesn't appear that the DEV space was created during the installation.  I only had SAP and PROD when I first logged in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to clarify - I used the sap-xsac-di-3.12.8.mtaext file:

_schema-version: "2.0.0"

ID: com.sap.devx.di.xs2-config1

extends: com.sap.devx.di

modules:

- name: di-core

parameters:

memory: 512M

properties:

JBP_CONFIG_JAVA_OPTS: '[java_opts: ""]'

- name: di-runner

parameters:

memory: 512M

resources:

- name: di-dev-space

properties:

DEV_SPACE: DEV

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

maybe this comment by Nachshon could also help.

Regards,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Thomas and Dirk on their responses.  Thomas, your response was helpful in defining that the DEV space (which was configured at installation) needed to be setup.  Dirk - the comments by Nachshon finally did the trick.  in order to fix this issue, I did the following:

1.  Created the DEV space, since it didn't exist but was setup as the di-dev-space.  I did this with the XS Client:  xs create-space DEV

2.  I assigned my user the DEV space and the SpaceManager role using:  xs set-space-role tbarber IBC DEV SpaceDeveloper

3.  I created a new project, because the old one still wouldn't build.  When I created the new project, it completed the build.

Thanks for your help!!!

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

Where can we find the sap-xsac-di*.mtaext file after the installation of SPS12?

I tried your steps creating dev space and I am still getting the error?

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2304873/E

Please, look at the attachments.

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

I'm really quite happy that you could solve the issue and showed us the right way to fix this problem.

Thanks!

former_member185490
Participant
0 Kudos

SPS12 installation installs webide by default, your instructions are related to installing webide seperately on top of XSA.

Did any one successful using webide that got installed along with SPS12?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naresh,

I ended up reinstalling XSA after the installation of SPS12.

Thanks,

Todd

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Naresh

Sorry, for my misunderstanding.

you can check your variable on this way:

xs target -s SAP

xs env di-core

Is this what you need?

draschke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had the same trouble, but now it works.

1. We could see the builder after we tried to build our first project within the dev space, but wasn't able to build it. (waited some minutes)
  2. We restarted the di-core more times, but didn't changed the situation
  3. More times we created a new project and tried to build it again, but it failed.
  4. Saw that there were some Divx apps not started, so I started them
  5. After that I restarted di-core again and it worked.

But really, I'm not sure what in the end did the trick. We are glad that it works now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

We had the same problem after upgrade SPS11 to SPS12. Solved by complete XSA uninstall (see note 2244998 for details) and installing XSA again.

Seems due to internal changes simple upgrade to SPS12 works incorrectly.

Regards, Ivan.