Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB 12.6 Licence Woes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<rant>

Never in all my career (>45 years) have I come across such a convoluted way just to get a serial number. I have just spent a happy couple of hours attempting to navigate through the myriad of links where I had to log in at least once per web page and I still haven't managed to get a serial number (it could be that I am way too old and just a bit thick). And what other system requires passwords to be exactly 8 characters long?

To start with:

To request permanent license keys you need the authorization Request License Keys.Check your authorizations under myProfile.

Ok, I go to MyProfile - No authorizations found!

Try the Old licence key application:

Installation number nnnnnnn

Installation name T-Sybase (what is a T-Sybase?)

Product of installation Sybase

No systems have been defined for this installation

Please use the 'New system' button to define a new system for this installation.

[New system]

I have to enter a System ID in order to continue so I enter A01 (what else should I enter?)

I fill in the rest of the information – Powerbuilder 12.6, Development, Windows - but the [Continue] button is greyed out and I get 'No licenses available under this installation for the selected Product'

Ok, try to get help in the SAP support portal Demo. After logging in again I click on a link only to find that it is some kind of year old webinar which is no longer available!

Other links in the “how to” documents just give

Message: RFC-Error: SQL error SQL code: 2048 occurred while accessing table KNVK.

Is it too much to ask that, after shelling out more than €2,700.= for 1 licence, there is an easy way to download a serial number? And I dread to think what it will be like to download EBFs.

</rant>

I am sorry for the rant, but it has been a long day and I am still stuck with an expired trial version.

If someone could point me in the right direction to get a licence key for Powerbuilder 12.6 I would be eternally grateful, I just can't get my head around all the documentation.I have a customer number, S-user ID and password.

Thank you,

Gerry.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry;

Is this the video that you cannot view ... 

FWIW: I agree with you 100% - SAP has a most convoluted process for not only getting a license but the mechanism itself. I've got my fingers and toes crossed here that Appeon will change all of this when they take over PB from SAP very soon.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks. The decision tree I already tried but got stuck, so now I try to follow the video. Unfortunately I get directed to a new portal so I couldn't follow exactly the instructions, but the principle is the same. I managed to add a new system although I don't know what a System ID is (I just entered DVO). This is apparently accepted as I get a line with the system details but with the remark "No Entitlements Found". The only choice I now have is [Cancel].

I am still trying to find a link where I can contact SAP directly.

I am beginning to think that someone up there doesn't want me to use Powerbuilder as I can't run under Windows 10 (Intel) and can't even get a licence key:-(

Regards,

Gerry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry;

The System ID should have come through from the PB 12.6 purchase. Do you have any paperwork trail on that, that would indicate any identification numbers?

Can you try  ....

1. Go to Keys | SAP Support Portal

2. Click the SAP Sybase link which will describe the procedure to generate licenses from the SAP Service Marketplace.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

So the system ID could be the problem. I have been down the Keys | SAP Portal route but keep getting stuck. I have checked all the paper work and all I have received is a client number, user ID and password - nothing that could be a system ID. I have Emailed Daniel Peyrous of Novalys with my problem, maybe he can help.

Regards,

Gerry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry;

If you bought your PB 12.6 copy from Novalys - then yes, they should be able to get you the license!

regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Just an update. Had a web meeting today and the (my) problem was that when asked to choose between development and production I automatically chose development as it is a development machine. Wrong! Choose production and I now have a licence. Yea!

Regards,

Gerry.

P.s. My next problem is in a new thread:-(

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerry;

That is great news & thanks for the feedback! Hopefully, that will help others traverse the obscure world of SAP licensing.  

Have you hugged your DataWindows today?  

Regards ... Chris

Answers (0)