cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to block stock at production confirmation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the following requirement.

When I confirm production (at CO11N) is it possible for my finished product to be automatically blocked?

Thanks guys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In co11n level you cannot block the stock as per standard available settings.

You can use this scenario if possible,

Create one dummy storage location. Assign that storage location while creating production order in goods receipt view.

After completing Goods receipt stock will go to particular Dummy storage location, so that stock will be available.

While required stock to sales order you use transfer stock to required storage location

To transfer stock, there is one step stock transfer between storage location to storage location.

movement type 311. T code: MB1B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good point Karthik,

One thing to point out is to make sure that if they are using batches, the stock determination rule used for sales does not include this storage location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexandar

Yes Dose not include to storage location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have 2 options, but the easiest would be:

1 - Create a movement type:

Copy the standard MvT and try adding a "X" on the field "GR Blocked Stock" (KZWES).

Use MB31 to post GR, and use this mvt for your production order.

Alternatively just use MvT 103 would do the trick.

It depends on your scenario though. Are you putting it in blocked stock to later be inspected? if so then just use quality inspection lots and QM.

Hope this helps,

Alex

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI joao,

explain the requirement completely.

Regards,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

When in production confirmation, I need to make the confirmation and the stock should be immediately blocked. (e.g. for quality control)

If production confirmation is made and the stock is available, there is a risk that someone make a stock movement.

Thanks

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As expressed by experts it is not possible to do such kind of Goods receipt. 

i am just giving my idea .

do the goods receipt in to a special Storage location ( maintain in work scheduling) . make sure that no sales transaction can access the storage location stock ( check with sales people about Storage location determination in sales).

once you want to make the stock  available for sales move the stock to other storage location relevant to  sales.

Regards,

Mahesh.

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joao,

You mean to say FG stock has to go blocked stock ?? or restrict the Goods receipt

Regards,

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkatesh,

I mean that FG stock need to go to blocked stock.

And we are not using QM.

Thanks

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Joao,

in that situation you can make the stock type as Blocked in the production order --> Goods receipt tab

then when you are doing the confirmation stock will directly post to the Blocked instead of unrestricted

Regards,

Venkatesh..

JarleiN
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Look the tab Goods Receipt in CO01.

Other think is using QM.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

As far as I know, this is not possible on the standard system, however, you can try using BAdI WORKORDER_GOODMVT.

BR
Caetano