cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have just implemented SAP and using production orders.

Is there any way production order can be set up in such a way that if any stock in the BOM is not present the production order is highlighted (in different colour).

Also this can give notification to the buyer or the planner either to buy the articles or plan a production run

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

It is not possible but you can achieve this through third party add-on.

Thanks,

Harshal

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to highlight insufficient qty item in production order. You can create production order even without qty and this is useful for your production department.

For those insufficient stock, you can create query and advice purchaser to run this query to create PO.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarajan,

If that is the case then the planner has to check the stock of each item in the BOM before creating a production order. This is just waste of time and also if there are 50 items in a BOM there is no accuracy.

No I am not asking to highlight the insufficient quantity in the production order.

What I want is either to restrict creating a production order if there is insufficient quantity or to highlight the production order itself if there is insufficient quantity

There must be a way of automating this.

Thanks

Chetan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible to block production order if there is insufficient quantity.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagarajan

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please let me know what I need to do to block the Production order if there is insufficient quantity.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this:

IF @transaction_type IN ('A') AND

(@Object_type = 202)

BEGIN

If EXISTS (SELECT T0.docentry FROM OWOR T0  INNER JOIN WOR1 T1 ON T0.[DocEntry] = T1.[DocEntry] left join  OITM T2 on T2.Itemcode = T1.itemcode

WHERE T1.[ItemCode] in (select  T2.[Itemcode] from OITM T2

where T2.[OnHand]  = 0) and  T0.[Status]  = 'P' and T0.[Docentry] = @list_of_cols_val_tab_del)

Begin

SET @error = 14

SET @error_message = N'Please check instock quantity'

End

END

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarajan,

Is this crystal report.

Sorry to be a pain, but can you please explain as I do not understand what this is,

Chetan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No this is not crystal report. This stored procedure to block insufficient qty at component level.

narayanis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you given a try to setting minimum inventory / re - order quantity values in item master.

Regards

Narayani

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you can not, but u can set alert to notify them that some of the items are out of stock but have open production orders.

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank

Thanks for your reply.

That is fine,

Can you please let me know how I can do set the alert and who is notified of the alert.

Thanks

Chetan