Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default date format changed after PO Print Preview

neochinjoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently, my user id default date format is 2 MM/DD/YYYY

My PO Line Item shows my delivery date to be 06/14/2016, which is correct.

Then i'll print preview my PO. But my PO shows my delivery date to be 14/06/2016, which is wrong. But this can be change as it is Z form

Then when i exit my Print Preview, my PO Line Item delivery date will become 14.06.2016 and not the initial 6/14/2016

Only after i /nme23n, then only it shows back 6/14/2016

Does my PO Print Preview which is a Z-form will overwrites my SAP Default date format?

But then again, where do the DD.MM.YYYY format come from?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

neochinjoo
Participant
0 Kudos

A few photos will be better

1. Delivery Date shown at ME23N

2. Next click Print Preview

3. Exit from Print Preview

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ask your ABAPer from where he is picking the dates.

Or just assign the standard print program and form to your PO and test it again.

If it works normal then you can be a 100% sure that it is caused by the own programming

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In spite of user parameter set in SU3 or SU01, your PO layout changes date format , so better involve ABAPer and keep this corrected with required format with your Smartform logic for PO layout.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chin Joo Neo, Please check with your Abaper that Customized ZFORM date format maintained as MM/DD/YY or DD/MM/YY. Regards Manju

neochinjoo
Participant
0 Kudos

if ZForm is really overwriting my date format, then it should be DD/MM/YYYY as per my ZForm. But instead it is DD.MM.YYYY

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If Z-Form is really overwriting your date format, then it is of course they way the programmer has written it in his program.. How do you expect it should then be per you user ID.

In any case I do not see much sense in re-writing the complete logic of a print program. I have seen it too often that more than the half of all coding was skipped and after some time in the system when the real cases varied from the very few test cases done in the design phase the program created one headache after the other, while the standard print program did cover all those cases.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chin

Can you also try to change the user date . time settings in SU01d

Generally date and decimal notation gets picked from there try making a change in that and then see

Regards

Vinita

neochinjoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

PO is created by my user. SU01 has already set to MM/DD/YYYY

Even my user ID is also set to MM/DD/YYYY

Still the same problem is happening as described above

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am certain that the decimal notation is taken from country customizing of vendors country, so I would do a quick check how the date format is set for that country.

neochinjoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The VEndor has the country of US, thus the format is MM/DD/YYYY

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Call transaction SU3 ---> Select tab "Defaults" ---> here you've to check the date format

neochinjoo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've set it to be "2 MM/DD/YYYY".

my initial entry to ME23N will show me 06/14/2016...

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to me, the date format comes only from the user profile no where else. So, please check the display (ME23N) when you create a new PO.