cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add chart of depreciation to company in OAOB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am begining a new implementation with simple finance 15.03 of new asset accounting in a client that had no SAP at all.

When trying to add chart of depreciation to company in OAOB i get two errors:

Error message ACC_AA163: The accounting principle is not completely assigned for depreciation area 01 of chart of depreciation Z1PT.

Error message ACC_AA081: A target ledger group must be assigned to each depreciation area. However, there is no target ledger group assigned to depreciation area  01  in chart of depreciation Z1PT.

When i try to add the Accounting principle to the depreciation areas i get the following error:

Error message AC516: There are no company codes defined yet for chart of depreciation Z1PT.

So from what i understand, when i try to add chart of depreciation to company i can't because depreciation areas don't have ledger group assigned, but when i try to assign the accounting principle which have a ledger already assigned to the depreciation areas i can't because the chart of depreciation has no companys assigned.

How can i solve this circle?

Aditional info: the business function "FIN_AA_PARALLEL_VAL" was already activated

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issued was resolved by applying two SAP Notes 0002212621 and 0002254685.

Thank you all for you help.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

We are also facing the same issue. Please confirm whether the two notes mentioned above resolved the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Harsha

RU
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

to solve the issue you have to set the manually the flag "New G/L" with Transaction FAGL_ACTIVATION.

KR

Reno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reno,

The "New GL" flag is active even before starting the config for assets. Still we are facing the issue.

Please suggest if anything else need to be checked.

Best Regards,

Harsha

RU
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Harsha,

sorry but we have implemented the both SAP notes an had set the flag new G/L and it works. I haven't any idea at the moment.

KR

Reno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reno,

OK...thanks for your suggestion. Will try implementing the notes and check.

Best Regards,

Harsha

RU
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

in Transaction OADB i get the error ACC_AA081 (target ledger Group have to be assigned). I have checked the SAP Notes 0002212621 and 0002254685 but they are only valid till SAP Version 720-SAPK-72003SAPFIN.

The actual System is on Version 720-SAPK-72004-SAPFIN.

Do you have any idea?

KR

Reno

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked your configuration and I did everything you said.

Our company only requires one ledger so it shouldn’t be needed to create additional ledgers.

After creating the chart of depreciation (copying a standard CoD) we can’t assign each depreciation area to an accounting principle/ledger group because the system gives us an error saying “There are no company codes defined yet for chart of depreciation ZPT0

Message No. AC516”

When I try to Assign chart of depreciation to company code

I get the error

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you using standard ledgers on 1503?

if yes, then you have to assign the other standard ledgers to the depreciation areas defined for parallel ledgers. Also you have to assign the Accounting principles as  you defined in the General Ledger.

if you didnt define parallel ledgers on the chart of depreciation, then you have to create these.

In new asset accounting, system would throw error messages unless you correct all ledgers, currencies which you defined on General ledger in one way and but didnt bother to create/assign these in fixed assets.

You have to keep GL & AA in sync.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rahman

former_member229024
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

The 1503 s/4 finance uses new GL and new Asset accounting. There are certain prerequisite for activating new asset accounting.

Below are high level steps:

1, Check and create accounting principles

2. Check ledger and ledger groups

3. Assign accounting principles to ledger groups

Check above settings first in FINSC_Ledger.

Later define the COD for all parallel currencies and assign ledger groups that matches settings in above tcode.

Cheers,

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

Once you Create your CoD, assign it to your Co. Code

In your Co. Code, you must create the relevant ledgers and accounting principles

After this, assign the Accounting Principles to Dep Areas... This will not be allowed unless you assign CoD to Co. Code

Ajay M