cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a field optional ?

roshan89
Participant
0 Kudos

I had to create a maintenance notification, but I want to make the Settlement Order field to be optional in the Location tab of the notification screen.

I tried to make the field optional by looking up an answer in the community where the technical field name AUFNR was used.

Note: I work on SAP HANA client 835, while the same field is optional in SAP sandbox client 600.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Can you please elaborate the request and let me know, What do you mean by Optional ?

Regards

Terence

roshan89
Participant
0 Kudos

I have cost center against which I will be settling the notification, but still the settlement order field is shown mandatory, and i do not have any idea about it. So , i want it to be optional/hide.

I have CO area and every other values, but I do not have settlement order value.

Can you help??

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

This can be done in multiple ways.

1. First check for any user exit, using which this field was made mandatory.

Without gng into the Location tab, try to save a new notification. Check whether it gets saved, else this will be due to some custom code.

2. SHD0

Check Transaction variant, whether this field is made mandatory

3. OIAL, i dont think there is any option available. But just have a look at this config.

Regards

Terence

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

In OIAL option is not available.

regards,

PS R

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • User-exit way of making a field mandatory does not display the mandatory tick in the field. So it does not seems to be from user-exit.
  • This setting is from the OIAZ customizing, Set this field ILOA-AUFNR  to Input

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

Your issue is " to make the Settlement Order field to be optional in the Location tab of the notification screen." By directly setting the input field as shown in JR sir's screenshot , it will effect in other screen's also i.e in order also. Just to avoid this , I have shown other related screen shot's in my earlier reply.

Regards,

PS R

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

To achieve your goal, of making settlement order optional in maintenance notification added to my earlier screen shots, follow the below screen shots also.

click on influencing button

select order type and click on display

selct input R.button and than save.

Regards,

PS R

roshan89
Participant
0 Kudos

I did. Thank you for your guidance.

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In continuation, look at the following images before & after using OIAZ.

Regards,

PS R

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Roshan,

Do as above in OIAZ  transaction. If the issue is resolved, mark the response from PS R  as 'Correct answer' who suggested this first.

roshan89
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Sir..this is what i was looking for.

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan Jha,

Go to OIAZ, using influencing button you can make settlement order field optional for maintenance notification.

Regards,

PS R