cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get port number for Trial version of SAP H ANA cloud platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read we can  connect SAP MII(15.0) with HANA Cloud platform using HANA SDA connection type.

My query is How we will get  port number  for trail version of HANA cloud platform.

Please help ..

Thankyou,

Rajee.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

The HANA SDA connection type in MII 15.0 is for connecting to HANA system, and exposing your MII PCo queries to the HANA system thereby enabling you to create virtual tables using the exposed query templates. Do you mean the port number needed for creating a HANA SDA connection, if so it is any free port on the system on which SAP MII runs.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ria For your response.

How  I will get free ports of the system?

I gave MII port number and next sequence of MII port number but my connection is not starting.

I also tried with 7840 port number which was given in "SDA connection Document". Then status is showing as "Running".But in Trial version of Cloud platform when I am configuring new Remote source this adapter name (Which I configured in MII) is not coming in dropdown.

Please help me in establishing connection between MII and HANA Cloud platform(trial version) using SDA adapter.

Regards,

Rajee

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

On Windows you could check if a port is free or not by typing the following command in CMD.

netstat -ano | find "<PORT_NO>"

i.e., if you want to check if 7840 is free, you should key in this cmd: netstat -ano | find "7840"

Once you have configured a connection of type HANA SDA in MII, you would have to create a remote source by selection HANA (ODBC adapter) if you are using HANA SP07. However on the newer versions you would find MII Generic adapter in the drop down.

Here while creating the remote source, you need to provide the same credentials you used while configuring the connection in MII and the same port.

Then you could test the connection to ensure the communication is established. Some issues were identified with the adpater delivered in MII 15.0, which have been resolved in MII 15.1 SP0.

Hope this helps!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ria.

As you said while creating remote source not able to select ODBC adapter.

Is it because of HANA trial version or as you said adapter issues in MII 15.0.

Regards,

Rajee.

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

MII SDA adapter is not for the HANA cloud version, rather to connect from stand-alone HANA to SAP MII.

In HANA SP07 version, you should have the option of HANA (ODBC) in the Adapter Name dropdown as shown below:

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Thank you so much for clarifying my queries.

I am trying to access data from MII database through HANA cloud (trial version) .Is it possible?

If so which approach I should follow?.

I also posted question on same at below thread.

How to Connect SAP MII with trail version of SA... | SCN

Please help me in this.

Thanks& Regards,

Rajee.

Answers (0)