cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Migration From SAP DMS to Open Text ECM

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We need your advice on data migration from SAP DMS to OpenText xECM .

Currently we are planning to  download  the  documents from  DMS content Server  and  upload it to the Open text xECM.

Please advice if there is any direct way or a tool  to migrate entire documents from SAP DMS to Opentext xECM without downloading/Uploading option.

Thanks,

Giridhar Dwaraka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

How's your development going? I hope not too far already.

There are some standard programs that might help.

- If DMS scenario use a File System Content Repository, then use the reports RSCMSEX and RSCMSIM;

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/445057  - Relocating a repository

- For relocation of documents at KPRO level, which I think it's your case, use the report RSIRPIRL; https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/389366  - Relocation of documents

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos

Hi Diegos,

Thanks for your reply,

As you mentioned we are using second method (documents at KPRO level) and also checked the Report: RSIRPIRL,but we are facing few issues in this report.

In this report, the FM are not using RFC destination.If suppose to call RFC then how to call http type in it.and more over our requirement is to migrate the document and meta data from SAP DMS Content server to Open text Content server. we have more than 10 business objects (PO,RFQ,Material etc..)

we need to create separate folder for each business object in open text work space and then we need to transfer the corresponding document and the meta data(Approx 300GB of Documents to be migrated) .

Please let me know the steps to achieve the above requirements

Thanks,

Giridhar Dwaraka

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

This report will use SAPKPROTP RFC in the background. You don't need to worry which RFC or type must be used.
Regarding the BO, I'm not sure. At least if the data is stored in different Document Category (t-code OACT) , then you can sure migrate to different areas in the target Archive Server. Otherwise, if everything is stored in the same Category, then it will migrade everything to the same area in Open Text. I assume this last case fit your scenario... This might be dificult due to the amount of data.

Anyway, you need to maintain a new DMS Category and new Content Repository to Open Text before start the migration with RSIRPIRL. Use the transactions OACT and OAC0 for that.

Regards,

Diego

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

Was your query answered?

Regards,

Diego

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

as I wrote in the DMS discussion, there is an API to call web services from SAP in Opentext Content Server. Using these web services you can archive/create documents in the Content Server.

Regards,

Benedikt

0 Kudos

Hi Bene,

As per your advice, we done the configuration in open text xECM, Please let me know

1. How the data will push to Open text Content server from DMS.

2. Is there is any standard API is available for this process.

As i'm not aware of API, Please advice me.

Thanks &Regards

Giridhar Dwaraka

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

you will have to write a migration program that selects all documents from DMS and stores it in Content Server. As an example for saving a file in Content Server you can take class /OTX/RM_GOS_CL_FILEDROP_CTR, method UPLOAD_A_FILE. It is called from the Opentext business content window when you drag-and-drop a file into it. The method uploads the file from file system and stores it in a folder in Content Server specified by PI_PARENT_ID.

Regards,

Benedikt

0 Kudos

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your reply, we developing the migration Program, Please let me know

1.What data we need to pass in  PI_PARENT_ID and  PI_FULLPATH.

could u please suggest how this class is used to transfer the data from source(SAP DMS Content Server to target system(Open text content server).

Thanks and regards

Giridhar Dwaraka

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

the mentioned method is only an example how to archive a file.

PI_FULLPATH is the local path for the manual upload. You will not need it.

I think you will have the content of a DMS file in an internal table (in the method LT_BIN).

PI_PARENT_ID is the object id  of the folder in GARM where you want to archive the document. I think you will need a concept how to structure the documents in GARM. If you want to archive all DMS document in one folder then PI_PARENT_ID will always have the same value. Otherwise each folder has a different value. You can see the object id in the Opentext-URL.

I recommend to copy the mentioned method and adapt it so that it can be called with one file from DMS (PHIO_ID). Then the file is fetched from the actual repository into the internal table LT_BIN and then the file is stored in Opentext Content Server. The PARENT_ID thing you have to handle according to customer needs.

Regards,

Benedikt

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply

As per your advice, we are developing the Migration Program.

we found some API like  Content Server API and the REST APIs ,but we don't know which API we need to use and how to link the Migration program.

Please advice.

Thanks

Giridhar Dwaraka

benedikt_wagner_mdt
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

sorry for late response. I'd suggest to use the mechanisms used in class /OTX/RM_GOS_CL_FILEDROP_CTR, method UPLOAD_A_FILE to store a file.

You will first have to check the existence of file (get_node_children_ex and get_objects_ex) because there is a difference in Opentext to create a new file or to store a new version of an existing file (using create_item or create_variant).

What do you mean with "link the Migration program"?

Regards,

Benedikt