cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for me to use the costing BOM (usage 6) for LTP scenarios?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My query regarding LTP scenario. Is it possible for me to use the costing BOM (usage 6) for LTP scenarios? I have tried to use BOM selection ID as 05(first priority to costing BOM) in Planning scenario, also maintained the Scheduling parameter for planned order for LTP. Maintained the production version with costing bom and recipe. But system is creating the planned order only for header material and not creating any planned order for components after Long term planning run (MS02) Please let me know how I can get my BOM exploded to all level if I uses Costing BOM (Usage 6) & selection id as 05 in Planning scenario. Note:  It is working fine if I use production BOM for LTP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing exaclty the same issue with the costing Bom 6 and the planning scenario using the 05 selection ID.

The system is able to find and select the correct production version with the costing Bom, thanks to the planning scenario but I have a message in MS04 : 52, no BOM found.

Can you help please ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one please help on this?

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In material master MM03 and select MRP4 view and check the BOM Selection method

Check if selection method of BOM explosion is relevant with production version.

change selection method's value to "Blank" or "1" and save it. And take LTP run again.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

I have tried that option also.. Still system is not exploding the costing BOM.  My production bom is working fine.

Also i tried with maintaiing the Production version and use the BOM explosion method with Production version and gettting the same result as it is not exploding the bom

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Table  MDVL Planning file entry for long-term planning is there planning file entry with Re-explode BOM

RMMDVL20 for your Planning scenario create planning file entry then execute MS01 with planning mode '2' or '3'

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried to make the entry in Plannig file through RMMDVL20 after changing the PIR quantity of simulation version.

But not able to create the entry in Planning file entry.  Getting below screen

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Create new planning scenario with with costing BOM ID and check the planning file in MDVL table and rerun MRP.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created new planning scenario and after saving the new scenario, planning file entry got created but no simulative planned order for dependent material after MS01.  (Planned order got created only for Header material).

Rupesh, in standard is it possible to do the LTP for Costing BOM?  I doubt because when i use Same setting with bom selection id 01, I am getting the planned order for all level.

Please suggest!

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure whether it works with costing BOM. I would suggest to raise this to SAP.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

This kind issue should not be raised to SAP as this is a consulting issue, rather than a possible bug of program error on the standard system.

Yes, it is possible to use a costing BOM for LTP.

Make sure that you have checked the following points:

1 - The BOM selection ID includes the BOM usage;

2 - The "production relevant" flag is checked for the BOM item;

BR
Caetano

0 Kudos

Hi,

Anupam is right, you must maintain your desired Selection ID in Planning Scenario (T-code: MS31)

regards

Samira

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i use bom selection ID as 01 in Planning scenario, BOM is exploding for all level and creating planning order without any issue after LTP run.

But it is not happening if i assign the 06 in planning scenario.  Creating the planning only for header level.

please suggest

0 Kudos

Hi,

is your BOM status in usage:1 different than status of BOM with usage:6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both the BOM having same status as 1 -active

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What is the MRP type you are using for the header materials.

Regards,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PD as my MRP Type.

It is working with BOM selection ID 01 and not happening with 06

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can define the selection id as per your requirement with usage 6 in OS31 and the same can be assigned to Planning scenario in MS31.

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam

If i use bom selection ID as 01 in Planning scenario, BOM is exploding for all level and creating planning order without any issue after LTP run.

But it is not happening if i assign the 06 in planning scenario.  Creating the planning only for header level.

please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me see if I understand you question:

What you are asking is that you want to create dependant requirements (planned orders for lower level materials) with LTP... is that correct?

If so it could a number of different things...

1) Have you checked the box " Also plan unchanged components in the MRP screen?

2) What is the time horizon for LTP planning?

3) What kind of LTP plan model are you using?

4) are you taking into account existing stock available?

Hopefully this helps,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex; your understanding is correct!

1.  I Ran with settings " Also plan unchanged components" but still same result as it is creating planned order for header materail

2.  HOrizon for LTP plannig:  If you are talking about the Planning scenario date range, it is ther in well advance.

3. LTP Modle:  Can you please clarify?

4.  Stock accountability:  NO,  I am not considerring the stock while running LTP

Please note that if i use bom selection ID as 01 in Planning scenario, BOM is exploding for all level and creating planning order without any issue after LTP run.

Please suggest!

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ritiz,

Is that costing BOM is valid on LTP MRP run date ??

then please the OPPA settings with reference to Plant and BOM / Routing selection ID

then rerun the LTP MRP

Regards,

Venkatesh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

OPPA settings are already in place with 01 as BOM id and 04 as routing select id.

You meant to say, we have to replace 01 with 05 or have to create a new line with 05?

Can you please clear!