cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical averages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Could you please guide me how to map the Historical averages in ordering and planning in SAP process.

Regards,

Sada

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Forecast planning operates based on historical values and calculates the stock requirement.

Could you please check the links below.

Forecast-Based Planning - MRP Procedures - SAP Library

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sadasivam,

In Production planning we have a process called SOP / Demand management

SOP (Sales and Operations planning) Based on past historical data we can do the future requirements through Long term planning

this historical data will come from sales forecast or COPA

Demand management : Based on SOP Results production team will update the demand in MD61 then run the MRP with respect to this MRP System will generate the proposals (Planned orders / Purchase requisitions)

Regards,

Venkatesh

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

are you talking about demand planning and forecasting.

Step: 1

if yes, It's comes under the topic of SAP APO.

Kindly find the below link for SAP APO SCN Community page:

And raise a query over there.

SAP APO - Demand and Supply Network Planning in SAP Advanced Planning & Optimization (SAP APO)

http://scn.sap.com/community/scm/apo/demand-and-supply-network-planning

Step: 2

if not SAP APO but it comes under SAP PP.  Find here below details

Kindly find the below link for SAP PP SCN Community page:

And raise a query over there.

SAP ERP Manufacturing - Production Planning (SAP PP) in Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP ERP)

Thanks,

Vivek

schaganti1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sadasivam

Need more information for clarification of the issue

Regards

Sudhakar

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are able to enhance your question with some more input so that everybody understands from where you pick these "historical averages", what they are used for and what your new process is where you want to make use of them, then it might be possible to give you some guidance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

Thanks for the update.

Our client is using Historical average to order and planning manually. Now they want to implement SAP and they want to use the historical data while order to Vendor and use this data to planing at a time. I am not sure is it a MP30 process or different.

If someone come across the Historical average scenario at the time of implementation they might be guide me how can I map it in SAP.

Regards,

Sada

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Historical average on what?

Value or quantity?

average something by vendor?

or average something by material?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I am talking about Historical Average on Material. Our business Wants SAP to consider this at the time of order. it is specific to Procurement of material and planning of the material.

Regards,

Sada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also we are not going to implement SAP APO in our client.

Regards,

Sada

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

then, Kindly go through SAP PP SCN community page and start discussion over there.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivke,

Thanks for the input.

But we need to use the details Historical Average on Material procurement as well.

Regards,

Sada

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you talk about historic consumption figures (quantity)  then it can be loaded with a batch input MVER_DI,

It can also be loaded together with the material master. But usually material master is loaded weeks (or even months) ahead of Go-Live, which means you will miss the delta of consumption that happens between material master load and Go-Live.