Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Portal

rezaejersbo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a SAP Portal system, which has its UME user store in an ABAP system, ABAP is data source.

Now the business aske us to disconnect the SAP Portal from ABAP and connecet it to AD. use AD as data source.

The plan is to configure a SSO connection from SAP Portal to AD throw LDAP.

The problem is the existing SAP Portal UME is "NOT CHANGE ABLE" becuse that is connectet  with ABAP system allready. SAP NOTE 718383.

My Plan is to install a new SAP Portal 7.30 system, setting LDAP as data source for the new SAP Portal, with this configuration Windows user can log

on to SAP Portal by SSO.

Now question is, is it som way I can connecet new SAP Portal with exisiting SAP Portalans and stabilize an SSO connection with backend?

Has anybody tried this scenario?

Thanks for any help.

Reza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

That will be too complex and you have to configure federated portal where existing portal system will be producer and new portal system will be consumer .You can follow the below steps however it is not allowed to do so.

Before doing any changes , kindly take the backup of the system.

1. Open the configtool

2. Remove the parameter value  from the config tool which will have the backend system information

ume.r3.connection.master.passwd

ume.r3.connection.master.user

ume.r3.connection.master.ashost

ume.r3.connection.master.sysnr

ume.r3.connection.master.group

ume.r3.connection.master.msghost

ume.r3.connection.master.r3name

3. Change the database persistence value to database_only.xml

4. enable the emergeny user sap* in portal

5. Restart the sap system and check the users administrator is present or not.

6. if not present , then you can create the user. but all other users will be missing in the portal so you have to recreate them.

There is one sap note for this , which i am not getting right now.

You can also take the export of existing portal system and import it again which separate the system from backend.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

rezaejersbo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for reply, good hear from you.

I can not take export of existing SAP Portal, that is production, and it is too complex.

according this note 718383. This change can lead in to inconsistencies.

Oure customer will not risk this one.¨

Is it any bedst practis or document  for configure the existing SAP Portal as federated and new SAP Portal as consumer.

Thanks for help again

Reza

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you link or attach the document here? This seems like it might be useful information to other people as well.

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Matt,

Here is one link for federated portal

Implementing a Federated Portal Network on SAP NetWeaver Portal 7 - Portal - SCN Wiki

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

rezaejersbo
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)