Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventive maintenance of sub equipment on its position level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Hope that all are doing good.

I have a rector (Superior equipment) on which multiple equipments are installed..

My client wants to make a preventive maintenance and/or breakdown with the reference of location at which the sub-equipment are installed on superior equipment, and also he want to track history at individual sub-equipment level, location at which the sub-equipment are installed on superior equipment.

I have already drilled down FL to 5 levels.

Thanks in advance for your great support.

Akshay Naware

SAP PM trainee consultant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

Thanks for taking interest in my query and thanks for your valuable tip that preventive maintenance using single cycle plan for these sub equipment is the process that can be considered.

My query is different. Let me put it in this way.....my scenario, rector is a FL on which equipment are installed.

Now, the area (Location) on the rector where the equipment are installed are uniquely tagged with paint by client.

Now client requirement is they want to track history on tagged location, equipment on that tagged location as well as on rector level.

These locations are 10k plus locations or may be more than that, so kindly suggest how to map these locations whether we should suggest these locations as a FL or some other possible way in the system? if we go with option FL the data volume will be huge. 

please help me out on this it will be a great help for me.

Thanks in advance

BR

Akshay

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

Two different views of your query. To your recent update, you need to see how to make up the Master data.

In case if you want to maintain history, calculate cost based on location, then you need to create Functional Locations and assign Equipments.

Level 1 FLOC - Rector

Level 2 FLOC - FL uniquly tagged by Paint

Level 3 EQUI - Install Equipment and Sub-Equipment

You can have different levels of Functional location say upto 6 levels. Master data creation is a one time activity, but you will be able to get flexible reports at later stage. 10K is comparatively very less, we have dealt with 100K tags.

Regards

Terence

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

• Rector needs to be a Functional Location below which no further F/Locns should be there. All Equipments related to Rector should be under this F/Locn directly. (There can be Equipment hierarchy).
  • It is applicable to all Locations tagged like Rector.
  • This for a technical requirement to capture Breakdown history like MTTR, MTBR at Equipment levels where M2 notifications are made and also at Rector level without any direct Notifications.
  • See this post in this connection: Hierarchical Equipment Availability Calculation
  • For capturing Preventive maint history at Rector level it can be has from standard report IW28/IW29.

You need to relate this information to your needs and revert for the 'Not answered' part.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Akshay

It looks like a simple case of having a Single cycle plan with one plan item for each sub-equipment. Because all sub-equipment are having the Location information, history retrieving can be done from standard reports.

OR

Have one single cycle plan for each sub-equipment.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao