Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unified Connectivity

phani_konduru
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We configured UCON in our development environment to see how it works.

We selected all the 43482 remote function calls and added them to logging phase manually through UCONPHTL transaction.

To test, we just ran a remote function module ZV_BAPI_SALES_ORDER_GETLIST from other system client and as well as called function module from SOAP UI tool. The function module is webservice enabled.

Unfortunately I do not see UCON is logging this function module. Also tried BAPI_USER_GETLIST function module and still no logging.

Please correct us if our assumption is wrong.

Also, we do not see "Worklist for UCON Phase Tool" node in RZ20. Please let us know the reason.

Thanks,

Phani.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an ABAP part and a kernel part to UCON, in addition to several OSS notes you have to go through / confirm. I suspect that your kernel is not high enough to support it.

What you must also consider is that being remote enabled is not enough for UCON to consider the call as RFC. It must be called directly as start of te application AND from a remote host. If the remote host is within the same system or when the function module is wrapped by another application which is the start context (such as a webservice or webdynpro), then UCON does not see it because it classes it as internal call and not remote call.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

some docs etc. for UCON: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53844

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an ABAP part and a kernel part to UCON, in addition to several OSS notes you have to go through / confirm. I suspect that your kernel is not high enough to support it.

What you must also consider is that being remote enabled is not enough for UCON to consider the call as RFC. It must be called directly as start of te application AND from a remote host. If the remote host is within the same system or when the function module is wrapped by another application which is the start context (such as a webservice or webdynpro), then UCON does not see it because it classes it as internal call and not remote call.

Cheers,

Julius

shashi046
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am in the process to setup UCON ALERTS

we do not see "Worklist for UCON Phase Tool" node in RZ20. what may be reason?

Regards

Shashi