Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong KF values in query when planning in DSO

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am planning an integer key figure in DSO.

My data model is DSO - Multi Provider - Aggregation Level - Query.

I want to plan the value only as 0 and 1.

In my DSO I also only have value 0 and 1.

But in the query, if I bulid it the way I want to have it, the system shows me 2 instead of 1, 1 instead of 0.

only if I add the key figure 0ROWCOUNT to the query, I will see the correct values in my real key figure.

this is what the key figure definition looks like:

any idea why this happens and how to prevent it? Becasue I don´t really want to have the 0ROWCOUNT in my query ...

Thanks

Cornelia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194957
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

This might be due to aggregation of keyfigure values according to some characteristic in the selection. You might be having two records having same characteristic data ,so the keyfigures of these two records would be summed up (default aggregation is SUMMATION). You can avoid this using two ways:

1.Create a formula and add the keyfigure such that value is keyfigure value/rowcount . (you will get a single record value) .

2.You can create a keyfigure to have No Aggregation option under Aggregation tab. Then use this keyfigure in the query.

Hope this helps

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tharun,

my DSO has only 4 char and each of them is defined with a sigle selection for my two restricted key figure columns.You can see it in the screenshot - 3 char are selected in the RKF, the 4th char is the project which is used in the rows.

I actually also experience very strange behaviour in a reporting query when using data from this DSO.

When I use more than 1 char in a report in the restrivted KF, I get no value at all. I need to use the restrictions in the filter of the query, then it works.

I assume it´s a system error.

regards

Cornelia

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

is 0INFOPROV also restricted to the DSO in the restricted key figures? You should also check whether the effect comes from wrong OLAP cache: for reporting queries delete the OLAP cache of the query used, for a planning query delete the OLAP cache for the plan buffer query <your MPRO>/!!1<your MPRO>.

Best regards,

Gregor

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

yes, the DSO is a single selection in my query filter.

I deleted the cache for all queries, now the error is gone.

Thanks

Cornelia

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

my problem is not yet solved.

I have now completed my model and added the values for the first two KF shown in my screenie above.

This did not work well in a query that is created on the aggregation level.

So I created a query on multi provider.

I can see the data, but I need to mark lines, transfer the project selection to a sequence and in the sequence I just toggle the KF between 1 and 0.

This works, but if I do this, the KF values ALL disappear from the query (in web).

I can then save the data, close the web template, open ist again and then I see the result.

This is a very odd behaviour.

Do I have to build queries directly on the DSO or on an aggregation level that is lying directly on the DSO?

thanks

Cornelia

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

two questions:

- release and patch level

- you set the KF values in the DSO with a planning function and then (without save) the KF values vanish in a query created on a MultiProvider M or in a query created on an aggregation level A on M?

In a planning scenario all changes in a user session should be visible in all planning and reporting queries without save. This should also work if the data model contains MultiProvider.

Best regards,

Gregor

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

the system is SAPKW73115, WAD is 7.40, SP4 Patch 1 Revision 513.

My Query is created on MultiProvider. The multiprovider includes 4 cubes and 1 DSO.

I created the same query directly on DSO - there it works. For this one query it´s possible, because I read only values from the DSO.

I do have another query on the multi provider, where I need to read values from DSO and values from the cubes. (that query is on another tab than where the button for planning sequence is)

Here a different "funny" thing happens - When I opoen the template, the existing values are shown. Then I change the tab and run my planning sequence for some projects. If I go back to the first tab - no change is visible here. It does not matter whether I save the value or not - they are not shown.

This happens when the query setting is "main cache used".

If I set the quer to "noch cache used", then the values disappear after I have run the sequence.

In both cases - when I re-open the template, then the values are shown correctly again.

I don´t have a workaround for this one, because I need to combine here values from DSO and from cubes.

best regards

Cornelia

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

I am not aware of such issues in 7.3x, so I checked notes in this area. Maybe note 2140628 help.If not, record an RSTT trace of the scenario and open a ticket.

Regards,

Gregor

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

the note is implemented, but noch change in the query behavior.

we opened a note

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/incident/pointer/002075129500001666292016

best regards

Cornelia

kiran_kodre
Explorer
0 Kudos

In the Web Template there are commands for various data elements. You should reset the Data providers (DP_1 / DP_2) in a command that is attached to the Tabs. This way the system automatically refreshes the queries without popping up any variables and then you can see the changes from one tab on to another... Explore the command settings for the Tabs and the WAD instructions to reset (initialize or set) the data providers. I don't think there is any  issue with the tool...

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

to avoid to redetect known error please also implement note 2175955.

Regards,

Gregor

0 Kudos

Hi Cornelia,

the effect is a bug, check the ticket for details.

Regards,

Gregor

Answers (0)