Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Gui in Eclipse/ADT does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So I've got this very frustrating problem and I'm hoping to be set right.

I've installed ADT and have following versions:

• SAP GUI:      740 patch 7
  • SAP ECC:     Ehp 7
  • ADT:             2.60
  • Eclipse:         Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2)
  • Windows 10   64 bit machine

I can launch ADT, Create an ABAP project, create and edit a program ok.

But anything that needs to launch the SAP GUI does not work i.e. trying to execute a program.

It brings up a new tab which is blank and no errors are put in the error log.

I've been through the ADT setup guide and I'm sure I've got all the services activated.

I am however not using SNC as that is not configured on the ECC box...I'm assuming this is not mandatory but just advised for security reasons.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

does your SAP GUI installation itself work? Can you open a SAP GUI connection to your ABAP system independently of ADT?

Best regards,

Marco

4 REPLIES 4

former_member186216
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

does your SAP GUI installation itself work? Can you open a SAP GUI connection to your ABAP system independently of ADT?

Best regards,

Marco

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Good question. So SAP GUI installation works fine, it's not a new install for me and has been in use for a long time with no issues. I can log on to my ECC system from SAP GUI itself. ADT connection to ECC seems to work fine in terms of creating ABAP projects but it's just the GUI does not start in ADT.

Peter

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

that is tough luck...

Could you try to update your SAP GUI installation to 7.40 PL 8 ?

Cheers, Marco

0 Kudos

So I managed to finally get it working. Thanks for the hint (much appreciated!!!) I did upgrade SAP GUI but that didn't change things. The thanks is because that idea nudged me to completely un-install ADT but also Eclipse Luna and start again from the beginning but this time with Eclipse Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2) without any HCI components and after a bit of messing around with JAVA versions and SAP JCO etc it's now working.

So now I'm running:

• SAP GUI:      740 patch 8
  • SAP ECC:     Ehp 7
  • ADT:             2.60
  • Eclipse:         Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)
  • Windows 10   64 bit machine