cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequential page numbers in a multi tab Web Intelligence 4.1

0 Kudos

Hello!,

Is it posible to add sequential page numbers in a multi tab on Web Intelligence 4.1 when saved as PDF file?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

How many tabs do you have in the Document? I've thought of a workaround which needs some input from Users every time they save the Document as PDF. The more the number of tabs, the more work. By work I mean, they'll have to hand type in the total number of pages by tab in few input controls.

Ex: If there are three tabs in the report (Tab 1, Tab 2, Tab 3)

• Create the below variables:

Total Number of Pages in Tab 1 = 0 (just type in 0 for now, it doesn't matter)

Total Number of Pages in Tab 2 = 0 (just type in 0 for now, it doesn't matter)

Total Number of Pages in Tab 3 = 0 (just type in 0 for now, it doesn't matter)

Total Number of Pages in Document = [Total Number of Pages in Tab 1] + [Total Number of Pages in Tab 2] + [Total Number of Pages in Tab 3]

Page Numbers in Tab 1 = Page() + " of " + [Total Number of Pages in Document]

Page Numbers in Tab 2 = ([Total Number of Pages in Tab 1] + Page()) +" of " + [Total Number of Pages in Document]

Page Numbers in Tab 3 = ([Total Number of Pages in Tab 1] + [Total Number of Pages in Tab 2] + Page()) + [Total Number of Pages in Document]

• After creating those variables, create a single value Input Control in Tab 1 with the object [Total Number of Pages in Tab 1], using the Entry field, so the Users can type-in the total number of pages manually. You won't see the step to setup Dependency, its OK, don't worry about it. After creating the input control, please enter a number as a test, say 10, now if you open the variable [Total Number of Pages in Tab 1], you'll see its value is now =10 (remember, we created it with a formula =10). It's a cool feature.
  • Similar to last step, create one Input Control each in Tab 2 and Tab 3 with their respective objects.
  • To display the page numbers, add the [Page Numbers in Tab 1] with a cell in Tab 1. Do the same for Tab 2 and Tab 3 using respective objects.
  • Voila, you're done.

Let us know if this workaround works for you, if yes, let us know if you have any implementation issues.

Update: I've created this blog post with the request you and many people have had in the past, check it out:

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your comments,

I tried this solution, is a good idea, but what happen if want to number of pages automatically?. If I have more of ten tabs, I need to create alot of variables and put in each tab the number of pages. I think is not a best form.

I tried to get a number of pages in each tab using the formula

=NumberOfPages() where (ReportName()= "Tab 1") , but when  i want to get the number of pages of "Tab 2", I don't get anything.

Another idea or solution ?

Regards.

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

I tried that formula too ReportName() = "Tab 1", it doesn't work as the ReportName() function is not designed to work that way.

Please let us know if you've firgured out a workaround, that'll come handy.

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

"A system works the way it was designed to, not the way we think it would."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Javier,

Please post it in Web Intelligence space, you will get the response there.

Regards,

Sridhar.