cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create a report with YTD and Month to Month comparison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a report in CR2008 which shows sales reps' revenue performances. I am trying to create the report so that it shows YTD and monthly comparisons.

Here is a screenshot and I will try to elaborate on that.

The report has to show up to the current month and YTD. If we are in 2016 December, it should just show one row with DEC. If we are in MAY, the rows should go up to month MAY.

JAN

FEB

MARCH

APRIL

MAY

First 2 columns are comparing, for instance, Jan-2016 to Jan-2015, Column 3rd, 2016 YTD, is the cumulative value.

How can I make this report happen?

My current report is the one below:

Current report only considers current month.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I am done.

Thanks to everyone and no one. This was a very lonely adventure but I finally got it. This was the formula that I needed.

WhilePrintingRecords;

CurrencyVar Amt;

Amt:= Amt + Sum ({@Current Year Sales Per Rep}, {@Month Grouping})

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I keep posting until I receive some kind of help.

This is what I have got so far. I think, I am on the right path

I have grouped it by month numbers and somehow, were able get the monthly sales figures for current and previous years. I am trying to show cumulative values where it says 2016 cumulative(I am showing it on excel so those values are what I want).

I have used Running Totals and it is not giving me what I want.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a running total formula to calculate cumulative values. How can I implement something similar to this:

<code>

IF TOTEXT(MONTH({OINV.DocDate}),'0')= {@Month Grouping} AND YEAR({OINV.DocDate}) = 2016 THEN

{@Current Year Sales Per Rep} + previous({@Current Year Sales Rep}

<code\>

This formula gives this specific error:

A summary has been specified on a non-recurring field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, since nobody has helped so far, I am going to simplify the report. I am ok with rows. If it looks like below it is more than enough:

At this point, my formulas are not working. Numbers are completely off. I hope the picture is self explanatory.

Any help is appreciated.