cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I want a job in ECC to start after a BW process chain (defined in CPS) but not before a certain time, should I define a time window?

To be more specific, the question is how a job can have a double start condition. Job predecessor and time.

Regards,

Adel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you run both jobs after each other in a chain you can indeed add a time window on the second job to shift the start time, or you can use the start time field. Look at the 'Scheduling Parameter' on the second job call in the chain.

If you are using an event dependency you can put both jobs on their own schedule. In that case the second job will wait for its start time, and at that time it will check if the event dependency is fulfilled, if not, it will wait for the event to be raised.

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent.

Thanks Gerben.

I ll try that and come back to you.

Regards,

Adel

former_member237959
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gerben,

We have scheduled a chain to run at 7pm daily. We have defined the 'start time' of the 10th step at 2:30am. As the 9th step completed at 11:39pm, the 10th step got triggered at 11:39pm.

Below are the job details.

Requested: May 10, 2:30:00 AM, Actual: May 10, 11:39:04 PM (21:09 difference)

Could you please let us know the behavior of this 'start time' field.

Regards,

Lohit

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The start time expression by default will give you the start time on the current day. I can give you a complicated expression to calculate the next day if necessary, but it is probably easier to create a time window that opens at 2:30.

Regards Gerben

former_member237959
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh ok. Thank you Gerben.

Regards,

Lohit

0 Kudos

Start time option will be available only in script level inside the step of a chain. Step will be having only precondition option. Hence it is better to put the start time in job in a step which will match the time format with system.

Please check and let us know in case of any issue, thanks a lot!

Regards,

Kshitish

Answers (0)