cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel user restrict trip creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can we restrict user(s) on ESS portal while creating trip request/expense to ensure that, If the traveler has any outstanding balances in the vendor account he/she should not be able to create travel request.

can some one suggest any alternatives or feasibility  for above case?

Thanks

AB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks all Experts for your valuable inputs,

Users do not want to proceed with any customization and rather use the 'Rejection' of travel request/expense often.

Above was approach was decided as number of users using the T&E application are v.less.

Thanks all for your suggestions

Regards,
AB

0 Kudos

Hi AB,

I did the enhancement for control the travel request before submit like error message but my scenario its different.you can try like this.

step 1) Enhance the standard webdynpro component :FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA

Component controller Method name:ON_NAVIGATE post exit.

use this FM :PTRM_WEB_TRIPS_GET_LIST

you will get the status of all trips for the employee .check if status is pending or not Transfer to FI .

step 2) Inside the method check iv_type = 'FORWARD'.

append error messages to this table lit_err_msg

wd_this->fpm_api->report_bapiret2_messages(

EXPORTING

it_bapiret2 = lit_err_msg

io_node = lo_nd_general_data

IMPORTING

eo_max_severity = lo_severity.

Thanks & Regards

Jayaprakash Thandavarayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would propose to use workflows if its about the travel request. the request can be declined via workflow for such cases. And if we are looking at Travel expense, then its not valid anymore as its filed post trip is completed.

But if the need is still to restrict user from raising via portal, it can be done but not via standard customizing but with bespoke changes, you need to talk to your portal, APAB-Web Dynpro developers.

Options are like:

1. Temporary suspend (Lock/unlock) portal user id and pop in custom message if he is a defaulter. this again depends on you user management strategy, if its AD, ABAP etc.

2. Allow to go inside Portal but pop in message via Web Dynpro or BSP.

many more...

- Hemendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

The actual requirement is when there is a outstanding balance (advance) for the traveller, the new travel request should not processed for advance by system.

[So, I was thinking to restrict the traveller on the portal by customization i.e. inserting a hard-stop error depending on users old trip status, if any of old trips not transferred to FI then pop up a hard-stop error.
This will ensure that all the old trips are settled and posted to FI and there is no outstanding amount]

Could you kindly guide me any alternative approach or industry practices? is the customization necessary?

Thanks,
AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi A B,

I am still not sure the business benefit for this requirement. However, as far as I am aware there is no standard configuration which can control creation of ER if there is a balance. You will have to do a custom development for this. Look at BAdI TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING I am sure there is a method in here where you could write your logic.

Hope this helps.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

I am not sure why you would want to do this - Please elaborate on the actual requirement?

Thanks

Ankur