cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity required on Change Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I want some clarity on the change mark ( I have been through the standard SAP documents on the same issue but left confused ).

I  am looking for an answer that could describe the precise difference between the option '1' & '2' in the change mark field for any Generation Variant with some easy  & crisp example. My understanding is that both the options either '1' or  '2' when set for change marks field belonging to the Generation Variant  to display change mark for the instance of Value Assignment Type as long as the relevant flag is set for that instance both have the same impact on the released SDS.

Under what circumstance we use option '1' & when to use '2' & what's the difference & impact on SDS by both are the questions whose answers I need to be answered.

Regards...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh

the topic is well explained here:

Change Marking - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

in subchapter "Exchange of References and Components (or Transport Classifications)". There is really nothing to add.  May be check subchsapter "Sample scenario (where change marks = 2, not 0 or 1)"

Sometimes you need some time to digest the information read to link it to the daily maintenance story in the system. The story is not easy.

C.B.

PS: with higher SAP releases additional "relevance indicators" have been created/prepared (reference etc.). These increase the complexity of "marking"

Using 2: if you do not understand this option, then you will get to many data "marked" (may be).

Using 1 can be a good starting point.

Please keep in mind: you can not mark "deleted data".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph,

I got my answer. Understood the difference between '1' & '2' & how they work but I still have one issue

I noted that the Relevant indicator is always marked by default in the Relationship tab whenever any relationship is defined, Though I have the option to unmark it but I want such a  setting so that this indicator is always unmarked by default. I am not sure what exactly is that setting/customizing or is it template dependent which I am not able to find.

Thanks for your help.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ansh

a.) Change marking / Relevance Indicator  / in... | SCN could be of interest (to may be finalized the "story" here)

b.) I am not aware of the fact that the "relevance indicator" is now set by "default" if new relation is created: but my tests and study on "inheritance" is quite old with a quite old SAP release

We are not using "inheritance". One reason is: it is a "to" complex solution for many users. But it depends how you use this and then it can be "easier" or "very complex"

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ansh

Please see as well the SAP Note:

1119071 - FAQs about change marking in EH&S reports

Hope this helps

Mark