cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking GRC 10.1 Standard Rule Set

0 Kudos

Dear Community,

Does anybody know in which way it might be possible to lock the SAP Standard GRC Rule Set against updates (SP, Patch etc.)?

Do I have to set a Parameter ID in SPRO? And if yes, which one? Or is there another setting I have to enter?

Thanks for your response in advance!

Kind Regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

Standard Rules are delivered by SAP through BC sets. So, initially when you activate BC sets as required by you the standard rules are updated in corresponding tables.

Now when you upgrade your support pack or patches there will not be any impact on your existing configurations and you might not require to re-activate BC sets. Recently SAP release SRM rules and when you want those you can just activate only that corresponding BC set without re-activating the already activated BC sets.

Technically there is no such configuration or Parameter ID as the updates are not auto-pushed or updated during support pack or patches upgrade

You can always take the backup of your rule set and can re-upload if any issue.

Regards,

Madhu

0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Thank you very much for your helpful answer.

I expected such an information already but wanted to be confirmed.

Cheers

Matthias

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu Babu,

Am I dreaming or is the reply really from you?

Nice to see you back.

It is so refreshing.

Please find some time for GRC Space too.

Regards,

Rakesh Ram M (Deepak M)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_tucholke1
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can limit the CHANGE capabiltiy on the GLOBAL (or any other) ruleset via security authorization.  In regards to copying the rules, it really is not necessarry, as there will never be any updates to the ruleset in any SP, and when SAP does deliver updates they always need to be manually inserted into your rules, even if you use the delivered.

The BC set is intended to be used by the customer and then to be modified throughout the life of the SAP Access Control solution.  If you copy all items into your namespace (Z...), then you will need to 'translate' any subsequent updates when they are released by SAP.

Hope this helps.

Kevin Tucholke

SAP America

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

there is no parameter to restrict that. I always recommend my customers to copy the rule set / functions / risks to customer namespace so that they cannot get overwritte with BC sets.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Hi Allesandro,

The same thanks to you, like to Madhu!

Cheers

Matthias