cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Fiscal Year Period - 6 BEx Query Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a report that I want to default to display the current fiscal period and the past six periods. 

For example if I run the report in May, is should also show information for April, March, February, January, December and November.

Manual user entry is not an option for this particular report.

I have already tried using SAP Exit and offset variable of -6 and this does not work correctly.

Thanks,

James Leigh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

swati_gawade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You can go for a customer exit code for this. What is the exact problem you are facing with existing Exit code? can you please post your code as well? It will be helpful for us to analyze any mistake.

Logic you can use is as follows.

Restrict your report on a range type of variable with processing as Customer exit.

In the Customer exit code get the current date from Sy-Datum and calculate the current fiscal period using function module like Date_to_Fiscal_Period etc. Once you get the Current fiscal period set the variable high and low values as Current fiscal period and current fiscal period - 6.

If you are not good at abap you can take help from an ABAPer from your team. Or else I could help you with the code as well.

Hope this helps.

-Swati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As swati said use the customer exit but one point adding to her description in case if you are providing the input field open for user to input any fiscal year period as the input value in such case pass this variable value  to customer exit and read that value and based on perform the code.

Thanks & Regards,

Geeta

harish_kancharla
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI Swathi , I want to create the same thing in sap Hana view ,how is it possible in graphical view. please reply me

If User selects August fiscal period then user should get September ending data.

Current Period,

Prior period ending data.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try to utilize a customer exit for this one then. 

Thanks everyone I'm going to attempt it and respond with any potential questions.

Thanks

James

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, just inform us of any problem you encountered..

Regards,

Loed

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What SAP exit variable did you use? It should work..

Aside from using customer exit, you may use the SAP exit variable 0FPER with offset of -6 to 0..

Regards,

Loed