cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work manager 6.4 features

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently working in SAP Work manager 6.3 version. We would like to know if its worth upgrading to Work Manager 6.4. Would like to whats the release date and new features for WM 6.4. Please let me know .

Thanks,

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Bill,

thanks for the information. could you please send me the link for the features presentation which you have mentioned. i have searched and didn't find any.

Thanks,

Shiv

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The latest road map is available here.

SAP Mobile Applications for Asset Management and Field Service

--Bill

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2 main features that are worth stating for Work Manager 6.4:

1) My favorite feature for SAP Work Manager is the Inbound Transaction Management feature. This is because I am in support engineering. Most Basis or IT team will like this. Also makes all debugging a breeze.

In short, you can configure your Work Manager clients not to hard stop on an error but to just make their transmit submit their transaction in the Inbound Transaction Management Queue.

So say bye bye to the error 13 hard stop (The user can't do anything anymore. They may have to clear their user data) and say hello to the Inbound Transaction Management feature.

As an IT or SAP Basis, you can look at their transaction (let us say they made a mistake and forgot a field to be populated) and you can fill it out for them and it continues to the backend.  In the meantime, the user is still working without issue on the field (with some short message but not a hard stop). It will show as locked on this client but this does not stop the transmit for them to have a down time like the older Work Manager versions.  Once somebody fixes it in the backend, the locked object data will just get removed from the client on the next sync.

Special Note: This feature is not on by default. You still need to configure it or set it up on which part of the logic you want to be included for Inbound Transaction Management and/or if you want it to overwrite, Last one in or server is correct and others. You can also set it up for Error only or for all transactions.  In short if you do all transactions then it may be adding too many records in the inbound transaction queue table so you need to check this for your environment.  I am personally not a fan of the documentation here. The feature is a big deal but the documentation may not be as much for such a big deal of a feature (i.e. This is Error Handling - one of the most popular request for a feature). Also you need to specially care on what part of the Work Manager you need to add to the queue. It is a cool feature if you know what to do with it.  For un-experience users, you may need to make sure you play with it closely and check what the client (device) sees when they get an error and what the IT Basis sees on the backend /SYCLO/ADMIN area.  So after the BASIS team fixes it, you need to see how it unlocks and gets removed from the device (i.e. Locking needs to be setup on configuration mode or else you will do the overwrite technique).  You need to configure to lock.  This is the part that is not clear in the documentation but pretty much is a requirement.

2) The other main feature is a new work flow of transferring vehicle trunk inventories to view or transfer to other trunk inventories. The user can request material from another trunk.  Technician can raise Stock Transport Order (STO) and request parts from other supplier and receive parts against the (STO).  This feature is good if you have a truck business or deal inventories in your own truck or trunk (i.e.part delivery, gas delivery, mobile services).  I will think this feature will be good for anybody who transfers inventory or fills up a gas depot or gasoline station or gas tank from a vehicle and other utility applications and others..

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I think it's worth to link this blog here:

All these enhancements will be very welcome for developers/support.

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcal,

That (lock) is part of the configuration that needs to be enabled.  If you do not want to lock it then do not enable lock but this will now be in overwriting mode that the user will try to edit.  So you may play with this with the scenario that you are talking about.  My best estimate is the Inbound transaction queue will continue to get more records in but it will be in overwriting state.  The control will be in the ConfigPanel on which object you want to lock or not-lock (Default is not-lock as it is not enabled). 

This is where your configuration will take place.  You will also need to document this new work flow if you do not want to lock it (again it is default as unlock).

I suggest you need to start playing with 6.4 /SYCLO/ADMIN and /SYCLO/CONFIGPANEL there are a lot of new Globals and administration for Inbound Transaction feature.

Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, thanks for the details.

I think I won't be able to have a backend to play with WM 6.4 for a while but it's worth to know some of the features for the future.

jon_wilson01
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

Please note that Work Manager 6.4 was officially released on 15 Sep 2016, and can be downloaded from the SAP Software website.

Cheers,

Jon

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Work Manager 6.4 isn't available yet.  They are targeting release later this year. You should be able to find a roadmap presentation which includes some of the high level features they are looking at including.

--Bill

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I haven't heard about SAP WM6.4 release.