cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share bookmark Link not Working with Sap Netweaver Connectivity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have created Sap design studio application and deployed in Sap NetWeaver connectivity. we are able to create, save and execute bookmark in Netweaver Portal link.

When we share bookmark link, it is opening blank page. do we need to mention the iview created for this application in link or is there anything else missing.

I have checked on the below links for checking Bookmark:

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-design-studio/blog/2014/05/29/working-with-bookmarks-in...

Kindly let me know how to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Jaya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Yes, we have added bookmark code in standard template.

We have asked Portal team to recreate Iview pages for our application and it started working.

thanks all for your help.

Am closing this Discussion.

Thanks,

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for prompt response.

We are using 1.6 version now, but the applciation was build using 1.5 version.

we have used basic analysis template, there we have standard bookmark functionality only and share bookmark link is opening blank page.

we dont want to share the bookmark link to other user, we want to save the bookmark link in favourites in user system.

Should i change the code to save as Fragment bookmarks?

Thanks,

Jaya

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

To confirm whether this is a migration issue or not, you could try creating a new application in DS 1.6 using the Basic Analysis Layout template and then retesting the sharing URL functionality in the new version.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

We have created new Application using 1.6 version, still we are not able to execute shared bookmark link.

We are getting blank screen only.

Thanks,

Jaya

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

Can you clarify how you are sharing the bookmark link?  In reviewing the Basic Analysis Layout template in DS 1.6 I notice that it does not actually include any bookmarking functionality.  Have you added your own bookmarking code to the standard template?  If so, can you share the script?

Thanks,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Which version of Design Studio are you using?

In latest version of DS, you have portable fragment bookmarks which can be shared to other users and reused within application.

Standard bookmarks are user specific and cannot be shared.

Thanks,

Anand

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Although Standard Bookmarks are user-specific, they can definitely be shared via the URL for the bookmark, as that is what bookmark URLs are intended for.  This applies to URLs for all bookmark types. 

As you've pointed out, the issue may be related to the version of the Design Studio NetWeaver Add-on being used.  For example, there were issues in DS 1.5 as described in SAP Note 2168161.

The only other possible cause I can think of is security.

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

we will check on the mentioned note,

"The only other possible cause I can think of is security."

is it Portal side security we need to check?

I have one more doubt, in our original Deployed link, we have the Iview detaails in link itself and in share bookmark link, we have only the bookmark id.

In this case, without Iview how the Dashboard will execute or will it work with bookmark id only..

Thanks,

Jaya

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya,

There is no need to check the note if you are on DS 1.6.  The security I was referring to was security on the Portal side.

Can you clarify what you mean by "original Deployed link"?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Deployed Link i meant is the link which users are executing..

So in 1.6, without the note share bookmark should work, but it is not working in our case..

I will try the option you have suggested, creating new application on 1.6

Thanks,

Jaya

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, please check with the new application and we can investigate further depending on the results.