Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrator seesion active in BO 4.1 CMC

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BO Folks ,,

In our project , We are using SAP BO 4.1 SP 6 and Windows AD authentication  is enabled for all users . But I can see Administrator  (Enterprise authentication) session I always active in CMC .

I am not able to find out the exact root cause for this issue. Please advice

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would just posting this query on forum. Someone should be able to answer this.

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Do you mean you see a session of Administrator when you go to CMC->Sessions ?

If you have logged into using Administrator credentials, you would always see the session of admin created. What the first & the last logon times being shown over there ?

Also, check out the below :

Regards,

Monish

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monish ,

As I mentioned earlier , SSO login is enabled in our project and no one is using Administrator credential in our project.

Manually I am able to kill session but ideally this should not happen.

Enterprise authentication is completely disabled.  Hence it won't allow to login using Administrator credential.

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

1) If no one is using the Administrator account, and all the earlier CMS sessions from Administrator have already been deleted, I do not see any reason for the CMS session of Administrator to be active again.

The only reason I could see is below :

Even though all the users are supposed to use SSO, but there is still a possibility that some user may be logging using the Administrator.

2) regarding your last statement -

" Enterprise authentication is completely disabled.  Hence it won't allow to login using Administrator credential. "

Eventhough everyone is using SSO, but still the Enterprise Authentication would always be enabled. I do not think it is possible to disable Enterprise authentication. Are you saying you have disabled the Administrator account ?

Thanks !

Regards,

Monish

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Monish for your reply.

Administrator session was active due to someone has logged into client tool using administrator account.

Secondly i haven't disabled admin account. "Enterprise authentication is completely disabled. "

Without enabling enterprise and alias enterprise option , Is there other way to login CMC using admin account?

Regards,

Pranay

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

1) Good to hear that it has been identified that administrator CMS session was active as someone was logged into client tool using admin ID. As I mentioned earlier, this had to be the only possible explanation for this behavior.

2) Could you please elaborate your second question ?

I believe there is a typo & you are trying to ask "Without enabling the enterprise alias of admin account, is there any other way to login into CMC using admin account ?"

My response : If you go to properties of the "Administrator" user, you can see that it would be having just the "Enterprise alias". This shows that the "Administrator" user can login into BO system (CMC, BI Launchpad, Client tools, etc) using Enterprise alias ONLY.

3) It seems that Administrator account password probably has been shared with multiple people & probably that is why you are wanting to know these details. Kindly make sure that the Admin account password is NOT shared with unwanted audience. If required, you might want to consider changing your Admin password.

Hope the above helps !

Do let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Monish

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pranay,

Let us know if the above helps.

Regards,

Monish