Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Cyrillic in smartform AI_CRM_IM_FULL_DATA_PRINT_FORM when displayed from Solution Manager Portal

Ivaylo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi there,

it seems this is not the right place for this topic, if so - apologize, please advice where to post it.

Well, our issue is with Cyrillic in the smartform AI_CRM_IM_FULL_DATA_PRINT_FORM, called when pressing "Print Preview" for an incident from the browser - when accessing Solution Manager. It obviously triggers conversion to PDF before output. Somewhere in between Cyrillic comments were scrambled to "####".

Detailed information:

- Solution Manager 710 Patch Level 14 - the system is Unicode.

- smartstyle used in the form is managed with Cyrillic font "COURCYR -  ISO-5: Cyrillic Courier" (for clarity - checked several times, font was changed without positive effect),

- scrambled comments are stored as a text object of type "LOG" at the header of incident. Its Cyrillic content is correctly displayed when accessing it in the Solution Manager via browser and via SAP Gui - tr.code CRM_ORDER for example.

- the issue is browser-independent - checked with IE9 and Chrome.

- Print Preview is called according to the SAP recommendations - when the incident is displayed in a separate window via Menu point -> More -> Print Preview -> Print Message

- all Cyrillic comments are displayed in the PDF in a way: "#### ## #####"

- the incident subject is scrambled in a different way - here is an example "Short Text  @><5=8 2 eADD"

I've attached preview to the message.

Can anyone suggest what/where to tune?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ivaylo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I know nothing about "portals stuff" - what is the SAP recommended way of calling Print preview..?

Do you have access to work with the form directly via GUI transactions - independent of portal? Like, is it feasible (in terms of supplying input) to call the form up in TA SMARTFORMS test mode to print-preview output as PDF (to verify if the issue persists there as well)?

There is this note, which is not restricted to any software component or version 1822639 - PDF conversion in Unicode system. From what I understand, the solution (including for Cyrillic) is to install additional True Type fonts and enable embedding them with the PDFs produced by SAP "PDF Converter".

Cheers

Jānis

6 REPLIES 6

Private_Member_7726
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I know nothing about "portals stuff" - what is the SAP recommended way of calling Print preview..?

Do you have access to work with the form directly via GUI transactions - independent of portal? Like, is it feasible (in terms of supplying input) to call the form up in TA SMARTFORMS test mode to print-preview output as PDF (to verify if the issue persists there as well)?

There is this note, which is not restricted to any software component or version 1822639 - PDF conversion in Unicode system. From what I understand, the solution (including for Cyrillic) is to install additional True Type fonts and enable embedding them with the PDFs produced by SAP "PDF Converter".

Cheers

Jānis

0 Kudos

Hi Janis,

thanks, you helped me to shortage the investigation hole.

First to answer your question - no, I'm not aware of any possible way for playing with the formAI_CRM_IM_FULL_DATA_PRINT_FORM from the GUI directly (i.e.t.code Smartforms) - because of a lack of data passed to the form. I'm able to display long text from the incident via tr.code CRMD_ORDER -> Object assigned to me -> .... select proper incident -> Texts -> Log (selected text type) -> Text Detail (icon). The Cyrillic is properly shown.

After checking and playing a bit with PDF-customizing in report RSTXPDF3 I found check "USE_CASCADING = On" helps for 'message subject'.correct conversion. Long text is still not correctly converted.

It seems the conversion is spoled in an earlier stage - while OTF data is generated. It can be observed using check "SAVE_OTF_SPOOL = On" in the same customizing report and checking the spool content after calling the form from the browser.

Furthermore - font in use (ISO-5 Courier Cyrillic) is imported into our system - by default.

Any other hints are welcome.

Thanks again.

Ivaylo

0 Kudos

Hmm... You mean: proper Cyrillic letters are not shown already in Spool "OTF preview"?

Can you perhaps export the Spool as Text and attach here - I'm not very hopeful (and have no access to this form), but maybe something can be gleaned from OTF contents.

I lean towards the idea that it is something SAP should look into (OSS Incident..).

cheers

Janis

0 Kudos

Hi again,

downloaded spool request and attached (file: SM70000024185.TXT, UTF-8 format).

All the "Description" and "Reply" are scrambled Cyrillic, but Short Text is correctly shown.

Any hints are welcome.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Ivaylo

0 Kudos

Thank you, I wasn't clear - I wanted OTF as text, but nevermind I have just two suspicions, one of which you could check easily as well:

1) wrong font in the form (look for FC OTF commands preceding the corrupted text - whether correct Cyrillic font is being selected).

2) the form manipulates text somehow incorrectly (this one somebody could try to debug, but I have no idea how to do that from within portal preview call...)

Since you now have some Cyrillic in PDF, the SAP printing environment should be set up, so I think, the rest is something for SAP. Their form, their debug exercise.

cheers

Jānis

Uh, ah....what a stupid mistake! Found solution.

The problem was in the form itself. I was checking where into the form to put infinite loop in order to be able to debug it after portal call...

The style in use was overwritten at lower level by other system style, and this one was with non-Cyrillic font. Changed it - now everything works like a charm.

Thanks, Janis, for cooperation, and truly sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

Ivaylo