Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation model without Currency dimension

Oleks_Master
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can I create a Consolidation model without Currency dimension? Is it possible to use only Group dimension? I tried and system did not allow to do this. But probably some settings should be configured before?

For example, it is a quote from help "If the Groups dimension (G or R type) contains group members ...". What does it mean "Groups dimension (G or R type)" ?

We use BPC 10.0 NW.

Best regards,

Oleksandr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

You must have currency-type and group-type dimension.

This is a very flexible modeling which enables you to structure and consolidate multiple groups with multiple currencies and do this in one action only.

And I do not see any advantage of not having both dimensions!

Grégoire

Oleks_Master
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you known this workaround described in SAP note 1986261?

1. Find table UJA_APTYP_DIMTYP

2. Find record "Application type" = Finance and "Dimension type" = Currency

3. Remove the record

As I understand the table records determine mandatory dimension types for different types of model.

What do you think about?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it's a good idea! The consolidation engine will not work correctly...

Vadim

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible,

By design you should have  "R" & "G" dimension type. It was possible till bpc 7.5 but not from bpc 10.x onwards.

Regards,

Rahul

Oleks_Master
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for your response. I agree, it is obvious and fast decision.

Actually, what does this quotation mean "If the Group dimension (G or R type) contains group members..."?

Consolidation Monitor - SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SAP NetWeaver - SAP Lib...

Best regards,

Oleksandr

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This actually conflict with the default design structure of BPC where you are required to have both G & R dimension type.

As i previously said that till BPC 7.x, one can combine G & R dimension type but from 10.x, (to my knowledge) you cannot have R dimension type for scope dimension. Because, there are certain property related to G type dimension (store_entity, group currency, currency type, store group currency ) which cannot be clubbed with R dimension type.

Regards,

Rahul