cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi – HANA View Date problem 1970/01/01

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For a project I had built a (graphical) CalculationView using Analytical Views generated out of InfoCubes in a BW 7.4 system. 

Now I have the following problem:

0CALDAY is given in the format YYYYMMDD as the data type CHAR in HANA.

In order to convert it into a proper data type I created a new calculated column “Calendar_Day” as data type “date” and assigned 0CALDAY to it.

In the HANA this works fine: “Calendar_Day” is recognized as date and returned as YYYY-MM-DD. When I open the view in Analysis for Office Excel 2.2 it also works fine! “Calendar_Day” is even returned in the proper German date format: DD.MM.YYYY.

However, when I open this CalculationView in Webi (BO 4.2 SP2 - build 14.2.2.1975) the calculated column is returned as: 1970/01/01 00:00:00 for every date!

I already read that this was a bug in BO 4.0. However, we are using 4.2.

I also saw this post: https://scn.sap.com/thread/3798308 and unchecked “Format Values” in the HANA Studio preferences. However, this didn’t help either.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Ok, I found a solution for the problem.

I hope the picture makes the difference clear. You have to select the right dimension then it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Taner,

Thanks for sharing info.

Regards

Niraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Taner,

I faced similar issue and we got it resolved by changing the locale preferences of WebI reports.

Could you please try the same.

Regards

Niraj

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Niraj,

unfortunately this didn't help either. I changed the local preferences to English and afterwards to German, but it didn't change the outcome.

Regards,

Taner