cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Today's date in Query filter of WebI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In SAP BO 4.1 Web Intelligence Report , I want to make sysdate (current date) as a default value in Query filter with optional prompt .  I don't want to add anything like filter or objects or parameters at the universe (IDT) level. Can anybody please provide your valuable suggestions .

Regards

Riya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I second what Mahboob is sayin. Best way to achieve this through Universe. Second option is to use a custom sql which I would not advise you to use. So I would say better explain this situation to your client. I am sure he would understan.

Also check out this thread as well hope this will clear your doubt on this issue.

Using currentdate() on webi query | SCN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kuldeep. I have seen the link which you shared . it is helpful but I have other query filter along with this query filter as optional prompt . So I cant use this in customizing SQL. Is there any other way to add in the report level without modifying in the universe.

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other way i could think of is at the report level by creating a Variable and applying it as a filter in your report.

Something like this:

=If([Date Object]=CurrentDate()) Then 1 Else 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to apply Current date in query filter. How can I proceed this way. Can you please explain in detail.

former_member198519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a variable like :

[Filter]=If([Date Object]=CurrentDate()) Then 1 Else 0

Replace [Date Object] with your date object coming from Universe against which you need to filter the data. And apply as a filter and condition should always remain [Filter]=1

Hope it make sense

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Riya,

I don't know if there is a way to do it without creating a filter or object in the universe. Why don't you want to modify the Universe? If its a restriction issue to modify the Universe, then you should explain it better to people who're opposing it. Creating that filter or a Currentdate object in the Universe is one of the best practices, I'm sure many gurus agree with me.

How about updating the SQL generated by Universe? That sound's risky, isn't it? So, updating the Universe is the way to go.

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too agree with the point Mahboob mentioned it's always recommend to have this sort of situation at universe level in order to have your Universe scalable and flexible to handle multiple situations.

Also when you do such things all the processing is done before microcube is generated so better performance.

Regards

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mahboob & Niraj . I agree with you both. Changing at universe is the best way. But I am in need of altering it at the report level without touching universe. Is it possible to do so. if you people has got any other way to this problem. Please share & help me !