Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError while using Java Mapping

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am facing this error when I run my mapping.

This is the mapping I am using mentioned in this thread.

details: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/collections/map/ListOrderedMap: org/apache/commons/collections/map/ListOrderedMap.class

However when I try to include this jar file, I get this error. I attached the screen shot for my error

I have included these jar files like org.apache.commons.beanutils, org-apache-commons-logging, xom, json-lib, ezmorph-1.0, apache-commons-lang in the imported archives along with the jar of my Java mapping

Any idea how this can be solved?

Regards

Harish Babu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Open the beanutils.jar file using winrar and delete the collections package from the jar and reimport into repository.

I able to import both jars into repository after done the above step.

Regards,

Praveen.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Praveen

I am able to see only beanutils inside the jar!

I guess I downloaded the different versions.

Can you please give me the versions or exact names of these four jar files that you are using. I will also download exactly them and it should then work for me too

Regards

Harish

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

I used below versions on my side.

Regards,

Praveen.

harish_babu5
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Praveen

I am able to remove the files and add all the jar files to ESR.

Thanks for the help

Regards

Harish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

jar file is a collection of multiple class file. First thing to do is to get specific class file which is giving the error . In your case it is ListOrderedMap.class. Instead of including entire jar file include only the required class. In order to extract the specific class file use the technique defined in this link

Extracting the Contents of a JAR File (The Java™ Tutorials > Deployment > Pa...

Extract all class file from jar file and include only ListOrderedMap.class in the project.

I guess issue will be over. In case you get similar error of " java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError" again follow same steps until you get rid of the error.

Regards

Anupam

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

as i see this error happens because some classes are already part of one other imported archive in the same namespace.

Please check once more what libraries and versions you are using. You might have the problem what is described here:

BeanUtils - Commons

--> "The dependency on commons collections (which has become problematic now that there are two incompatible series of commons collections releases) has been factored into a separate optional sub-component plus a small number of stable and mature org.apache.commons.collections packaged classes (which are distributed with the BeanUtils core). This arrangement means that the BeanUtils core sub-component (which is the primary dependency for most downsteam applications) can now be safely included on the same classpath as commons collections 2.x, 3.x or indeed neither. "

I think you will need to get the correct versions which can co-exists together.

Best Regards,

Viktor