Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV output with number of subdivisions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i need to display the ALV output in number of subdivisions ,Can anyone provide the best way to do this..

For example :The output screen need to split into a number of subdivisions

The first column in the table display the date taken from the document.

The second set of columns for  demand for stock

The third set of columns for purchased stock

The fourth set of columns  for stock levels

The final column shows the total stock .

Thanks,

Balu

7 REPLIES 7

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have much choice with ALV. But is it ALV for Web Dynpro or SAP GUI? If it's SAP GUI, I only see the colors to differentiate the columns. Did you expect anything else?

MukeshKumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi , If you referred to Hierarchical list, you can use class CL_SALV_HIERSEQ_TABLE and refer this wiki document for sample code. Best Regards !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mukesh,  The out put should have 3 columns (Requirement ,receipts,stock) and in each column we need to show the different information like below.

Kindly advice, which is the best option for this ...

Best Regards,

Balu

DateRequirementsReceiptsStock
ObjectDep.TypeQty 1Qty 2…. other INFOThe RestCommonRecpt ObjectTypeQty 1Qty B2…. other INFOThe RestOtherCommonStk 1Stk 2…. other INFOThe RestOtherCommonTotal
I

0 Kudos

Dear Balu B,

I think its better you can use functional Module: REUSE_ALV_LIST_DISPLAY .

This FM will solve out your issue regarding Sub-Headings.

Regards,

Muhammad Taha

0 Kudos

There is no subheader feature in ALV for SAP GUI. This has been discussed many many times in the forum. The only way to mimic it is either to use different colors for columns, and some people like to define the first line for storing header texts (I find this solution horrible). It's not possible to merge cells horizontally too.

Even with ALV for Web Dynpro, the solution of using line feed in the header is not satisfying according to me.

See the good answer by

You may also change the way of displaying elements, like defining 3 ALV grids (one per type of data), with a tabstrip to select which ALV to display.

Otherwise, colors, definitely.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ALV output with two headers lines is a FAQ, and the answer for GRID is NO, switch to some LIST display and use search tool.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hello Raymond , I am using the LIST display only but while I am displaying the data as 4 set of columns I am facing the issue with some dynamic text in first two headers .Actually in each column I need to show some different  dynamic values at the bottom of the first header line.

It will be a great help if you provide any such sample.

Thanks,

Balu