Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Accessing Smart Business Tile using APF Framework

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all/

I followed http://scn.sap.com/community/fiori/blog/2016/05/24/access-the-odata-service-exposed-by-your-cds-view...

for consuming the APF based configuration on my Smart Business Tile. However, I have run into some issues, On my Tile I am getting the error, Could not open App. Please refer to the below screenshots for the error, console log and tile configuration. Please let me know if you can share any insight on what could be the issue.

Regards,

Karan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Anyone has any idea on this?

Regards,

Karan

JuttaErlewein
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan, Did you enter the configuration ID under value in the application parameters as follows:.? You neede both IDs the ID of the application as well as the ID of the configuration. For more info see help.sap.com http://help.sap.com/saphelp_uiaddon20/helpdata/en/37/4364eb58444ac5b56b357808603f98/content.htm?fram... Regards, Jutta

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jutta,

Yes I have entered as per the given link. But still I am facing the same issue.

Regards,

Karan

JuttaErlewein
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan, Could you please check whether the name 'sap-apf-configuration-id' is entered without spaces before and at the end? Can't see it onvthe screenshot butthe console log indicates that there is a space between 'configuration-' and 'ID. If this is the case the APF app can't be launched. Regards, Jutta

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jutta,

I was able to correct this and make the navigation working on Tile. However, I am getting the following error now when I click on the tile:

I have created the following target mapping in Launchpad Designer:

Can you please guide me on how to resolve this?

Regards,

Karan

JuttaErlewein
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanan, as explained in Jerry's blog you can either create your own Fiori applicaton to run your APF configuration or you can use the APF generic runtime app. If you use the APF generic runtime app, all you have to do is to create a Smart Business KPI, evaluation and tile to launch the app. Only if you create your own Fiori 'runtime' Application you need to create a target mapping and BSP application. I would recommend to use the APF runtime app to try things out and get started. Now to the issue. You created your own target mapping, however you used exactly the same Semantic Object and Action as it is used in the target mapping for the APF generic runtime delivered by SAP. This won't work as you now have two identical intents. You either need to change the names for Semantic Object and Action in your target mapping and enter these names in the KPI tile in the navigation section. But then make sure you have a working BSP application otherwise you won't be able to launch your APF config. Or delete the target mapping (or change the semantic object name and action name and keep the target mapping) and leave your tile settings as is. Then the APF generic runtime app should be used to launch your config.  Regards, Jutta  

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jutta,

Thank you for your responses. I am still unable to proceed. I have deleted the target mapping also.

Here are the steps I have followed. I have created a configuration using the APF Configuration Modeler

I have made the tile config as :

I am getting the same pop up error as mentioned before and then it navigates to the below screen.

Here is the console error log:

Am I missing some step here? Please let me know.

Regards,

Karan

JuttaErlewein
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,
This is now a guess as I can't have a look at the system. I saw that you entered the Intent of the APF generic runtime as navigation target inthe APF configuration modeler. This might cause the problem.

Please go ahead and delete the navigation target.
I'll briefly explain what you can do in the navigation target section:

If you configure your APF app you have the option to enter a navigation target which allows the end user to navigate from APF to another application. As an example in APF you select a customer. Now you want to see the correspoding customer fact sheet. In the navigation target section you enter the intent to display the customer fact sheet. In this case it only makes sense for analysis steps where you show customers (field assignment to steps - in thiscase it would be step specific.)

Also if you need more background information about APF you can have a look at the SCN site http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-59620
and I'll remommend the videos which explain how to create a configuration.

Regards,

Jutta

karanbahl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jutta,

I made the changes to the KPI Tile and re-configured. I copied the values from the Target Mapping of the SAP_CA_BC_APF_EXECUTION Catalog.

Now I am able to get the application working. Thanks a lot for your guidance.

Regards,

Karan

Message was edited by: Karan Bahl

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an issue in my system.There is a standard application developed using Analysis path framework.Due to some requirements we need to extend the application Sshipped by SAP with new category for Analysis purpose.I have performed configuration using Analysis Path Framework Configuration Tile following below link.

http://fiori188.rssing.com/chan-50338307/all_p11.html.

Once i save the changes and Execute from APF Configuration tile i can find the New category in Design time and able and do analysis ,but when i launch the application the changes are not reflecting in run time .

As i am launching the application from a Fiori app launcher tile, i have maintained the application ID and the configuration ID as the value for parameter sap-apf-configuration-id in the format <application ID>.<configuration ID>. Still i see the changes are not reflecting in Run time. Is there i am missing some step.Did any one face similar issue.If yes please let me know how to resolve this.

Regards,

Chandu