cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to write the transformation logic in native Hana ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of the Revenue report is running in BW and client is expecting the same report to be developed in native Hana (Hana Studio). I am aware of the fact that by using Calculation view,i  can pull all the required fields from multiple tables.

But here my question is how & where i can write the transformation logic for the data which i am getting from source table.

Say one record is being split into multiple records on the basis of Date open & Date closed and this is being achieved in BW at transformation level using ABAP Code in End Routine.

How can we manage the same in Native Hana?

Thanks,

Vikas Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

in HANA native modelling there is nothing which can be 1:1 compared to BW transformations. I think behind that there is a good reason: Avoid bad performance imperative logic which slows down the execution of models.

But there are some constructs which can be used to enrich your models with more sophisticated logic. Beside the power of projection, join, union and aggregation nodes you have also the options to enrich your models using Calculated Columns and Restricted Columns. For "more complex" data sources you can also use Table User Defined Functions.

Regarding your described required I think it is possible (w/o knowing the details what you wanna reach) to achive it using two projections with corresponding filters for Date open/Date closed.

In general I think it is a good approach to make you familiar with the HANA modeling capabilities described in the Modeling Developer Guides (Introduction to Modeling - SAP HANA Modeling Guide - SAP Library or for XS Advanced (if you are already using it) Introduction to Modeling in the SAP HANA Web IDE - SAP Library).

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Thanks for the reply. I will go through the links you have shared.

Will let you know if this was helpful.

Regards,

Vikas Gupta