cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Level security Issue SAP BO 4.1 SP 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am having some issues in terms of accessing 'Restricted' objects being accessed by different Users.

Current State:

In my IDT Universe, I have two groups of controlled access objects:

1 group falls under "Controlled" group

other falls under "Restricted" group

In CMC, I have got the group as follows:

Now there are some users who belong to both the groups as well: (Both controlled and restricted)

This setup is working fine in the Pre-prod environment . All the users who belong to controlled can see all the controlled objects and same for the restricted group.

However in the Production environment, its working as expected for the users who belong to "Controlled" group .. But for those who belong to "restricted" cant see the "restricted" objects ...

I tried to compare our pre-prod setup with prod and only thing which I found different was the way these Universe groups are added to the Universe.

In Pre-prod, the groups are added at the Universe level but in Prod, the groups are added at the folder level.

When I tried to remove these groups from the folder level, I could delete "restricted" but when I tried to delete "controlled" , I got the following error"

Here is the existing setup in Pre-prod:

Folder Level

Universe Level:

In Prod:

Folder Level:

Universe Level:

Any idea why???

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I resolved it myself.

I just had to go to the 'Universe Security' in the Universe and add the 'restricted' group.

That's where the exact mapping happens...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it matter what type of Universe is it?

We have got UDT and IDT Universes both.

The one I am having issues is the IDT Universe but the weird thing is its working fine is Pre-prod...

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

right click on the folder in CMC->Limits and check if ds_controlled group is used there for to set the limit.Delete from there and try again to delete the group from folder security.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

There is no "Limits" folder in my CMC