SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Possible to suppress meter overflow in Dynamic Period Control?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to control meter over flow during DPC Billling.

The scenario is as follows:

01.01.2015 Actual Read 0

01.02.2015 Estimate Read 400  Consumption 400

01.03.2015 Estimate Read 700 Consumption 300

01.04.2015 Actual Read 600 Consumption 10600

When the actual read is received for 01.04.2016 which is 600 (no looping), the system considers this as a meter overflow scenario.

And creates a bill for 10600 KW H and correctly reverses a consumption of 300 and 400.

My questions is can we make the sytem to consider, the read as an actual read and stop triggering of meter overflow.

Thanks,

Josh

6 REPLIES 6

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

No this will not happen,

The moment you get actual meter reading system will trigger DPC so

In the the last bill doc you will have Debit line items for the Actual to Actual consumption ( 600 - 0 = 600 ) & credit line items for the inbetween estimated consumption.

So no over flow will happen even if Current actual meter reading is lesser than last estimated meter reading.

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks for responding!!

But at the moment this what is happening.

As i explained the scenario above, the system reverses the line items for consumption 300 and 400 when a real read arrives. But since the actual consumption is lower than previous estimated consumption system considers this as a meter overflow.

Please find the screen below, could this be due to some configuration that i missed out?

Many Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

In same bill document please check posting relevant lines , I think the 99900 consumption line will not be posting relevant  so it will not impact your total billing amount.

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

The 99900 KwH is an information only line item with no actual calculation.

Please find the screen below.

Do you think is there some other way to suppress this??

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

In the Schema there is one Check box "IL" (Write Info Lines for Backbilling) I think that check box will resolve your query.

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

The problem is system considers the actual meter as meter overflow and bills the customer for the entire consumption.

Since the previous consumption is being backbilled(reversed), dont know why the system takes the actual read as a meter overflow.

Do you think i missed some config bit?

Thanks,

Josh