cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I/O parameters of Customer function for Time Management schema log issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello There,

I have created a new time management customer function using transaction PE04, putting the function's abap coding in include RPTMOZ00 (FORM FUxxxx.)

In PE04, I have also configured the input and output parameters for my function to display the SALDO table, but no input nor output parameters are being displayed for my function on the PT60 log, although it's showing for standard functions.

In other words, In PT60 log display, I didn't get the plus sign near my function. The plus sign reveals the Input and Output parameter nodes, as well as the Processing nede, when one exists.

All other standars schema functions show the plus sign except my function.

What configuration is my function missing?

Thanks and regards,

Lino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) MOLGA for Brazil is really 37 and my employee belongs to this MOLGA as pictures below show.

This is the selection screen for PT60. Personnel Number (PERNR) is 293:

Looking at Employee's Infotype 0001 (Organizational Assignment) we can see he belongs to Personnel Area 1100, subarea 1104:

By looking at table T001P, which holds the Personnel Subareas we can verify that the MOLGA for that Prsonnel Subarea is really 37:

Nevertheless, I have also tried to use * instead of 37 for molga in the input/output configuration view with no luck.

2) The reason I have not used the standard naming in the first screen (PE04) is that, contrary to almost all other places in SAP, the namespace for payroll and time functions and operations is not Y* or Z*. Names starting with Y and Z are also in SAP namespace. SAP used to recommend starting payroll and time customer functions and operations names wirh a % sign, but recently this was also reserved for SAP. Names starting with an _ is also SAP-reserved. So we began using names starting with < and >. The problem with this for a function named <ATVS, is that the standard FORM name would be FORM FU<ATVS, which is not a valid name for an abap form. In fact, except for % and _, all other characters are invalid for ABAP variables and form names. That's why I had to used a non-standard name: to replace the < sign for a valid one, I chose % in this case, so the FORM name is FU%ATVS.

3) Below there's a printout of the Processing node, which is exactly what I had expected:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did some testing on my sandbox & I think it's still the country grouping(specified in your input & output parameters) that's the problem. Let me explain why.

Even though your employees are assigned to country grouping 37, it seems that time management functions have to be assigned to all countries.(You can verify this by checking the Country assignment of your function).

I have figured out that this is required because time management schemas have the Country grouping * specified under Attributes. You can verify this for your schema using PE01, Attributes.If you try changing this to your country grouping, you should get an error stating that the country grouping should be * for program class T.

So once again, in your input & output parameters, assign * instead of 37. I think it should work.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tania!

I worked indeed!

As per your suggestion, after I replaced the entries in input and output parameters, changing 37 for *, both Input and Output nodes were displayed in the log

Thank you very much for your help! And thanks a lot for spending some time with my problem!

Best regards,

Lino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to have been of help, Lino!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above: PE04.

Above: List of possible values for parameter 1 - FUNC.

Above: Input parameters. SALDO table should be displayed in log under node Input when the function is called with SALD as its first parameter. The need to specify a value for a parameter here depends on the Relev flag on first screen of PE04. If flagged, the parameter values are relevant for selecting which tables should be displayed and must be specified here. If not flagged, the corresponding parameter must be left blank. In this case, the same tables will be printed regardless of the parameter value the function was called with.

Above: Output parameters. See Input parameters.

Above: Log fragment showing the Input and Output nodes for a standard function (P2012) and my function (<ATVS) with no Input/Output nodes, just the Processing node. Processing nodes are optional and appears only if you have programmed them (I did!). As far as I know, Input and Output nodes are showed as long as we have configured in PE04 which tables should be displayed under Input and Output nodes, which I also did. Nevertheless, only Processing is being displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was very well explained. Thank you. Two queries:

1) Is this for Brazil(country grouping 37 only is entered for input & out parameters)?

2) In the first screenshot, any reason you have chosen self-defined instead of Standard? We have a few Z functions in our system, and all of them have the Standard radio button selected.

3) Can you double click on the Processing node of your function call in the log? Perhaps we'd get a clue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you share a screenshot of the time evaluation log? Highlight the part where your function is processed. Also send a screenshot of the function in PE04.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cannot access the links, probably due to my client's internet security. Could you attach the screenshots here?