cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Single decimal point in BO Webi PIE Chart?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working on BO 4.1 SP5 - Webi. While displaying values in a pie chart as percentage, is it possible to display  the percentage values with a single decimal point?

I have create the variable with the below variable to get a single decimal value, but it is not showing in the assign data.

=FormatNumber(Round(Percentage([NamedCount])*100;1);"##.0%")

Could you please suggest alternative values to get desied result.

This is what my data looks like

Dimension Measure

A 3

B 64

Displayed Values

A 4.48%

B 95.52%

Expected Values

A 4.5%

B 95.5%

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Murali S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Did you find any solution for displaying single decimal point percentage value in a Pie Chart?

I also tried using ceil(),floor(),formatnumber(),tonumber(),round() functions to get it but none of them are working.

FYI, I am using BO 4.1 SP7

Thanks & Regards.

Naveen.

Former Member

I just found it.

To achieve the Single decimal point percentage in a chart, do

• Right-click on chart
  • Select Assign Data
  • Select the arrow down next to the object name that needs to be formatted.
  • Each measure can be formatted individually using the Format number option.
  • After the format number pop up window opens, select Custom tab at the bottom
  • In the 'new custom format' pop-up window, for Positive give ###0.0[%]'%' and click Ok.
  • Now right click on chart and select 'Format Chart' > Global > Data Values
  • In the Data Values tab under  Format Pattern select the new Custom format that we created and click Ok.

NOTE: Assign Data -> Measure -> Format Number can only be applied when running the report in Applet Mode or in the Rich Client modes. In HTML mode, you won't see the Custom format option for Number Format.

FYI, I was unable to upload screenshots as my browser had some issue. I will upload screenshots later.