Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeburger to SAP B2B addon

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

we are planning to migrate to Po , can somebody please help me to understand below quires:

1.We currently have interface where we are receiving/sending EDI file through Seeburger AS2 adapter, now as we are planning to migrate to PO and use SAP B2B Addon can some body let me know how do we need to migrate these interfaces i.e inbound as well as outbound with/without functional ack?if they have to build completely please let me know how do i need to configure these SAP Add-on for inbound and interface

2. We have few java mapping , if i am not wrong we just need to re-compile their would be no change in code right ?\

3. What about UDF does they cause any issues ?

Thanks in advance

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I guess all Seeburger functionality is covered in the B2B add-on's AS2 adapter. Just make sure you have the latest version installated ()

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dimitri,

1. XSD remains same for seeburger and SAP Addon ?

2.How about module configuration ?

3.I am new to this SAP Addon not sure how to configure the Cockpit like we used to do in Seeburger workbench for spliter how this is done in B2B Addon? i read few blogs but not aware of some terms like control key etc etc...

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Have a look at the B2B Integration Cockpit. You can generate the XSD and use it in the ESR.

Modules should remain unharmed. Perhaps a quick recompile.

I guess java versions are different between your old system and the new SAP PO.

Check my reference in the previous post. Make sure you all have that in place.

In case errors/problems still persist or occur, please revert back.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dimitri   for your quick reply will get back to you if anyhting needed , Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well there are EDI formats and then there are EDI XML formats, which are XML renditions of the former. Remember EDI files are plain text. EDI formats are global and standardized.

In the context of PI interfaces we use XSDs of EDI XML formats, either from Seeburger or B2B Add-on. For example, if your interface involves 850-4010 version, the xml schema for it has the core EDI schema which does not change but the overall 850-4010 XSD provided by seeburger is not an exact technical match to the 850-4010 XSD provided by B2B Add-on. Seeburger XSDs tend to be wrapped under root node LIST. B2B Add-on XSDs tend to be wrapped under root node ASC*.

Again, the difference are minor, like annotations etc. So your mappings will require minor tweaks and retest. Try to keep your old namespaces intact while generating the XSDs from B2B Add-on to begin with.

Good luck!

SM

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks , that was the great explanation.

So as you told we need to do few changes in mapping , may i know mainly what changes we are suppose to do . and how about parent-child nodes will be their is it will be same as it was in seeburger XSD because change in the parent-child relation will make a huge mapping change due to context change .  what are the major changes between Seeburger XSD and B2B Addon XSD ? i am mainly worried of mapping changes

And regarding the namespace you are talking about is that the namespace in which my external definition is their ? do i need to use the same ED-Namespace while generating XSD from B2B Addon  , if it is something else other then this namespace please let me know.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said, the core EDI schema does not change. Parent-child hierarchy of all the EDI fields will be in-tact. But the root node itself could be different. And that means everything under that will not be recognized. Once you match the root node you should be able to carry over your old mapping logic.

Please download a sample B2B xsd into your mapping to check out the true impact and plan accordingly.

SM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

for point 1 xsd structure may have change, not much experience here as we just plan to implement b2b addon in the future

for point 2 you will need to recompile with the correct java version, testing needed to validate(safety mesure)

for point 3 so far I have not seen any issues while migrating from PI to PO yet this is not the norm

Regards,

Gilbert A.

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Aria,

1.So i guess if there is change in XSD mapping too changes , so its like a complete new build right ?

2.IS re-complinig really necessary because i in my previous migration i remeber we didnt recompile anything 7.1 to 7.31..

former_member207701
Participant
0 Kudos