cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bypass maximum members retrieved on DS prompts?

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are managing a DS app (based on a UNX universe) with a data source that includes a prompt based on a list of values. When the application is executed a prompt appears asking for selecting a value.

Our issue comes from the following fact:

If the list of values (members of prompt) contains less than 101 members the prompt appears a as check list of values (that's exactly what we are looking for) -see picture-

but if the list of values contains more than 101 members (e.g: 120) instead of a the previous user-friendly selector only an input text box appears

both List of values were equally defined and we have checked that if second LOV has less than 101 members prompt behaviour is the same than in the first case.

I am quite sure that this different behaviour is caused by the limit of members that may be retrieved by default by the prompt (100). Does it exist some way to workaround this limit or obtain the desired behaviour?

Thx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to configure the maximum number of members for selection in the standard prompt dialog.  However, since it appears that you don't have the complexity of hierarchy variables, you could define your own custom dialog as follows:

1)  Create a dialog with the Popup container or Panel container

2)  Include Text labels for each prompt

3)  Include the Design Studio SDK Community MultiComboBox for each prompt and assign the corresponding dimension from the data source

Hope this approach provides a suitable workaround.

Regards,

Mustafa.

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for your answer. We tried it but finally we have found that DS allows to configure the maximum number of members (see below)

This solve definitely our issue, Anyway good to know such a nice SDK component.

thanks,

Alfons

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

I obviously missed that setting   Thanks for sharing,

Mustafa.

Answers (0)